The Student Room Group

Can I fail my dissertation?

Hello, in September I have submitted dissertation to the University. It was required to include data collected (as written in handbook) in CD together with hardcopy submission. I didn't include results from stata in excel sheet in CD, but later I found that all the data collected, plus any computations and tables are required to be in the data CD submitted. Can examiners fail me for this mistake? Will be grateful, if you reply.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
It's a big mistake not to include any of your data. Whether it is big enough for the uni to fail you I don't know. It probably depends whether the quality of the dissertation makes up for this omission, and maybe upon how possible it is to understand what you have written without reference to the data. Your dissertation supervisor would be able to advise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply. Actually, I included the data collected, but the tables and computations (the results from software I used to compute) I didn't. Indeed, all the required tables and information was reported in dissertation itself. Thank you again.
Reply 3
Ah, I see. Well maybe it's not so bad. You will find out your score soon enough anyway. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Umnica
Hello, in September I have submitted dissertation to the University. It was required to include data collected (as written in handbook) in CD together with hardcopy submission. I didn't include results from stata in excel sheet in CD, but later I found that all the data collected, plus any computations and tables are required to be in the data CD submitted. Can examiners fail me for this mistake? Will be grateful, if you reply.

I almost did on my results day when asked about my research I handed over a folder which had some samples from the papers books ect my lecturer looks at me and says "is that all ?" at which point I pulled out from under my table 4 A4 ring binders full of papers reports etc etc in it so yeah you can fail you. but you might be ok.
Reply 5
Thank you, I have emailed and asked him. I was international student in UK, and was not familiar with UK educational system. So, he never clarified such issues as your teacher did and didn't help us (I mean other students) significantly. Hope I will not fail, but I am so worried. :frown:
Reply 6
I have asked him, he said he already marked it and the mistake is fine, not a big issue.
Reply 7
😀 great news 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest