The Student Room Group

MySQA 2016

Scroll to see replies

SAM’s Work Tips No 38: Reward yourself finish a piece of work, download a piece of music, or have a piece of cake. Up to you.
Want to draw your attention to The Student Room's new Uni match tool. It’ll let you search for courses by grades/distance/subject/location/university and has loads of reviews by students and TSR members so you get a genuine idea of the course & uni based on real student experiences. If you’d like to add a review of your uni you can do that here.

It will also allow you to post your questions directly in the relevant uni forums and connect to other applicants so you can see average offers for previous years’ applications.

They’re currently in beta version with new functionality planned, but would love to hear any feedback you might have even if you’ve already made your uni application/at uni/been to uni. They’d really appreciate it if you could let them know what you think, any suggestions for improvement or what’s missing.

SAM
SAM’s Work Tips No 39: Make sure you have good light and low noise it really helps you get into a study groove.
SAM’s Work Tips No 40: If there are formulae for answering questions, practice, practice, practice until they are second nature.
SAM’s Work Tips No 41: Family, friends, strangers on the bus have been there, done it, got the results. It’s not a drama, it’s a process.
SAM’s Work Tips No 42: These are YOUR qualifications, the result is down to you in the end. Nobody else can do the work for you.
SAM’s Work Tips No 43: You retain more if you learn at a regular pace, rather than doing nothing then study-bingeing.
SAM’s Work Tips No 44: As Prelims start for many schools, remember they are a snapshot. Nothing is lost or won yet.
SAM’s Work Tips No 45: And finally, this time next year these exams won’t seem so important. Whatever you’ll be doing, you’ll be doing.
Unit assessments and coursework. Remember when you are doing these that there are strict rules, particularly about sharing and plagiarism. SQA takes this very seriously and penalties will be applied. See www.sqa.org.uk/yourcoursework
I will be back with Study Tips in January. Meantime, if you have any questions at all, just ask... I'm here to help.
Is food allowed in exams/prelims?
Happy New Year everyone, particularly those sitting exams. Hope you have a successful year!
Original post by mysqa
Happy New Year everyone, particularly those sitting exams. Hope you have a successful year!

Hey, I'm going to be sitting my first national 5 exams this year. Do you have any advice for me? For example, any effective ways to study and when to start studying for the finals.
If you dig back through this thread you'll find my general work tips. In Jan I will start my new study tips to get you ready for the exams, then I'll be sharing my exam tips as the time gets closer. so stay tuned! It's never too early to start working - the more you do now, the easier it is to revise later on.
It's February, it must be SAM's Study Tips time! Study Tip No 1: It's better to understand than to remember. There's still time to do that.
SAM’s Study tips No 2: Stop putting it off! Before you know it you’ll be in that exam hall. Start revising NOW!
SAM's Study tips No 3: Don't compare your prelim performance with your friends. Set your own goals and work hard to achieve them.
Original post by Treen98
Is food allowed in exams/prelims?

No. Only a bottle of water with no labels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sweet_Candy
Hey, I'm going to be sitting my first national 5 exams this year. Do you have any advice for me? For example, any effective ways to study and when to start studying for the finals.

Start studying now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending