The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham Applicants 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ranayounis
Has anyone sent off their application yet?

Mine went a week ago :redface: scaryyyyy
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Sent mine off yesterday

Sent mine off on the 16th of September, still haven't received an acknowledgement from Notts. :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Name: Alice
Course: LLB Law with German Law
GCSEs: 9A*s 1A and Distinction* in BTEC
AS: AAABB
A2 subjects: English Lit, History, German
A2 (predictions or achieved): A*A*A*
ECs: editor of newspaper, debate club, NCS, work experience, part-time job at property solicitors, drama productions, local politics group
Applied last week, fingers crossed!
Original post by cakeislife
Mine went a week ago :redface: scaryyyyy

Original post by wiseLAD
Sent mine off yesterday

Original post by Princepieman
Sent mine off on the 16th of September, still haven't received an acknowledgement from Notts. :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck to all of you! I'm waiting for my teacher to put in my reference and then mine will be off as well :smile:
Name: Craig
Course: Maths
GCSEs: Awful, 1 A, mostly B's, some C's and a D.
AS: AABC (maths, further maths, psychology and chemistry).
A2 subjects: Maths, Further Maths and Psychology
A2 (predictions): A*AB (respectively)
ECs: UKMT maths challenge, helping AS maths students, work experience.
Name: Jason
Location: Warwick (originally from HK, so international student)
Course: Psychology
GCSEs: 7A*s, 2As and 2Bs
AS: A* in EPQ, ABBBC
A2: Psychology, Maths and Biology
Predicted: AAA
Work Experience
: Shadowed NHS doctors, volunteered in prep school and more NHS work!
Name: Abbie
Course: Chem Eng MEng with year in industry
GCSEs: 5A*'s, 4A's, 3B's
AS: AAAAA
A2 subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Maths
A2 (prediction): A*A*A
ECs: part time job, young leader at girl guiding, mentor AS, volunteer at hospice, DofE Gold, senior prefect.
I'm on deferred entry, so I'm already in, hopefully see some of you guys there! :smile:

Name: Matty
Course: BSc Physics
GCSEs: 5A* 4A 1B
AS: AAAA
A2 subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Maths, EPQ
A2 (predictions or achieved): A*A*A + EPQ A*
ECs: Oxford summer school for earth science, EPQ on space debris, YINI with defence company, football, basketball, hockey and tennis, and a load of little shizzle.

Best of luck guys, if you haven't been to UoN, go and have a look. I put it down as a last minute 5th choice, went there on my UCAS day in Feb, immediately put it as first choice. Same advice for any uni :smile:
Original post by MattyJMP
I'm on deferred entry, so I'm already in, hopefully see some of you guys there! :smile:

Name: Matty
Course: BSc Physics
GCSEs: 5A* 4A 1B
AS: AAAA
A2 subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Maths, EPQ
A2 (predictions or achieved): A*A*A + EPQ A*
ECs: Oxford summer school for earth science, EPQ on space debris, YINI with defence company, football, basketball, hockey and tennis, and a load of little shizzle.

Best of luck guys, if you haven't been to UoN, go and have a look. I put it down as a last minute 5th choice, went there on my UCAS day in Feb, immediately put it as first choice. Same advice for any uni :smile:

Just out of interest, when did they respond to your application? and when did you apply?
Original post by cakeislife
Just out of interest, when did they respond to your application? and when did you apply?

Oh I applied with last year, so last October just before half term. Notts were the last to reply, I don't think they did it until just after the UCAS day were you have an informal discussion to discuss the grades and then, so I think mid February it went onto UCAS. But they send a letter out saying you've got a place and invitation to UCAS day way before then, mayber nov/dec, not sure though :smile:

EDIT: that goes for anyone. Do NOT expect a reply on UCAS yet, if it's like last year, they will send a letter out at the end of the year saying you've got a place and would like to see you, and you won't get a UCAS response until after that. Anyone has any questions about the uni from what I saw, applications and interviews, don't be afraid to PM me or repost on here :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey all! I'm a fresher at Notts right now, so if you have any questions about the uni (and about UCAS), I'm happy to help. I can vouch (as a person who only put Nottingham an my insurance) that you've made the right decision!

Good luck with A Levels guys!
Name: Dee
Course: Biology Bsc
GCSEs: 8A* 2A
AS: AABCC (retaking a paper though, so hopefully one of the C's will be a B! :colondollar:)
A2 subjects: Biology, Geography and Eng Lit (+ EPQ)
A2 (predictions or achieved): ABA
ECs: Charity volunteer speaker, school choir, senior prefect, organising children's events, peer mentor, books :smile:

Haven't sent off my application just yet, still tweaking my PS :redface:
Reply 33
Original post by serebro
Hey all! I'm a fresher at Notts right now, so if you have any questions about the uni (and about UCAS), I'm happy to help. I can vouch (as a person who only put Nottingham an my insurance) that you've made the right decision!

Good luck with A Levels guys!

Hi, just wondering what percentage of students are white?
what percentage are Chinese?
what percentage are Asian other?

Not that it makes a difference, i'm just wondering
Original post by rihx

You could quite literally google search student population stats to get those answers, it's not that hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rihx

Not sure percentage-wise, but Nottingham Uni is pretty diverse. For starters, 25% of the entire student population is international.

We have a LOT of Chinese students, particularly on Jubilee Campus. There's at least 3-4 different types of Chinese societies to demonstrate this, and I've noticed there's also many Chinese businesses/cafes/shops around that area. There's a smaller number of South Asians, but still pretty sizeable to have several large societies.

Like all UK universities, it's predominately white but it's also very multicultural.
Applying for CompSci. It's a 5th choice for me though. Campus is beautiful but course & prospects just don't shine too much. Nevertheless would happily go!
Original post by Rabadon
Applying for CompSci. It's a 5th choice for me though. Campus is beautiful but course & prospects just don't shine too much. Nevertheless would happily go!

Prospects are what you make of them, no one is going to hand you anything on your plate bro no matter which uni you go to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Prospects are what you make of them, no one is going to hand you anything on your plate bro no matter which uni you go to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I meant really about things such as banking, I think i'd rather go to a target uni e.g Warwick so it'd be easier to get into if I chose that path.
Original post by Rabadon
I meant really about things such as banking, I think i'd rather go to a target uni e.g Warwick so it'd be easier to get into if I chose that path.

Fair, but Nottingham still gets people in and is a semi-target.

EDIT:
Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank, RBS, HSBC etc. all come on campus to network with students

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest