University of Nottingham Applicants 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Name: connieiscrazy
Course: Law
GCSEs: 9A* and 1A
AS: AAAA in English Lit, French, Religious Studies and Art
A2 subjects: English Lit, French, Religious Studies
A2 (predictions or achieved): A*A*A
ECs: Debating society, member of 3 choirs, grade 7 on piano and working towards grade 8 on piano and in singing, work experience at a solicitors' firm, attended Edinburgh High Court this summer (have also sat LNAT test)
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 41
please anyone searching for accommodation at the university of nottingham can contact me, i have a space at broadgate park and they've asked me to search for a replacement. I made a mistake of booking for 2 accommodations before my arrival so if anyone is searching for accommodation please contact me and take my spot at broadgate park. thanks.
Original post by Jossy*
please anyone searching for accommodation at the university of nottingham can contact me, i have a space at broadgate park and they've asked me to search for a replacement. I made a mistake of booking for 2 accommodations before my arrival so if anyone is searching for accommodation please contact me and take my spot at broadgate park. thanks.

Not the right thread to post this in mate, none of us are even at university yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by Princepieman
Not the right thread to post this in mate, none of us are even at university yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks, my bad.
Has anyone got an acknowledgement yet possibly? :smile:
Original post by ranayounis

I got one yesterday, applied on the 16th of September though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
I got one yesterday, applied on the 16th of September though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay, thank you! :smile: Good luckk
Oh okay, thank you! :smile: Good luckk

You too! Last year they gave me an offer in 2 months, might be a similar pace for this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got an acknowledgement today.
Original post by United1892
Got an acknowledgement today.

Yeah I just got mine right now too! :smile:
Anyone had an offer yet?
Hey guys!! I applied for PPE on Monday... now just waiting to hear back. Anyone else going for the same course?
Reply 52
I've applied for BSc Psychology here as my 2nd choice! I don't suppose anyone's got an offer for this course yet? :smile:
I'm from London and I've applied for English Lit. Got an acknowledgement today :redface:
Name: John
Course: Physics (F303)
GCSEs: 5A*s 5A's 1B
AS: Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Further Maths. AAAA
A2 subjects: Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Further Maths
A2 (predictions or achieved): A/A*
ECs: Not a lot of directly physics related stuff. Work experience in chemistry department at Imperial, Headstart course in Aberdeen university (engineering). Physics masterclass at Nottingham. Read books ect.

Sent my application in on the 12th October, got letter of acknowledgement on the 14th October. They said they should reach a decision within a month unless they need more information, did anyone else get this? Not sure if Nottingham interview a lot but hoping I don't have to wait until February to get an offer like MattyJMP said.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by OmegaScrub
ECs: Not a lot of directly physics related stuff. Work experience in chemistry department at Imperial, Headstart course in Aberdeen university (engineering). Physics masterclass at Nottingham. Read books ect.

Sent my application in on the 12th October, got letter of acknowledgement on the 14th October. They said they should reach a decision within a month unless they need more information, did anyone else get this? Not sure if Nottingham interview a lot but hoping I don't have to wait until February to get an offer like MattyJMP said.

I got the same in my acknowledgement, I hope they decide within a month (I'm applying for French though, which is increasingly undersubscribed so universities are a lot faster about giving out offers, no idea what the situation is for physics)
Original post by OmegaScrub

Oh no, sorry... I didn't get an "offer" on UCAS until February, because they wanted to see everyone on the physics course and have an interview to decide on what the grades on our offer were :smile: (btw, my interview was actually great fun ;D ). I got a letter saying I had a place with the invite to the UCAS day, which was about the end of November? But I didn't apply until the week before half term. But it may be different with other courses. Either way,dw about it :smile:
Haven't received a confirmation email? I sent my application off almost two weeks ago and still no confirmation email- am I the only one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Name: Abi
Course: Biochemistry
GCSEs: 6A* 6A 1B
AS: AAAB
A2 subjects: Chemistry, Biology, Psychology
A2 (predictions or achieved): A*AA
Name: Klaudia
Course: History and Russian
GCSEs: 2A*, 4A, 2B, 3C
AS: ACC (Resitting the Cs)
A2 subjects: Psychology, History, Media
A2 (predictions or achieved): AAB + EPQ
ECs: Mainly helping out with certain students who struggle to speak English at my school (mentoring programme), helping out students from a local school for children with special needs.

Quick Reply

Latest