The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham Applicants 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gladiatorsword
There's conflicting info on the site. On one hand it says u must pay BY the fifth but somewhere else it says you can pay AFTER the 5th
???????

Also how do check which halls your at??? I honestly do not know. I know im at jubilee campus but how can i find out about the halls?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am not sure what you mean by that first question. If you mean paying for freshers events, im pretty sure you can buy them even a day before. Would be kinda stupid to make you guys pick out now.

Also, im really sorry but I dont know where you find out. I lived off campus and I got it sorted out with the company. But try looking on portal. Or wherever you applied for accomodation.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 721
Original post by Gladiatorsword
There's conflicting info on the site. On one hand it says u must pay BY the fifth but somewhere else it says you can pay AFTER the 5th
???????

Also how do check which halls your at??? I honestly do not know. I know im at jubilee campus but how can i find out about the halls?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Judging from the limited information in your post, I guess you are a newcomer to the uni and is going to stay at university-owned catered or non-catered hall. If so, then the deadline is 5 September for the 1st installment of your hall fee.

You can only pay after that if:
1) you are local/EU student eligible for student maintenance loans and grants; OR
2) you are international student still not yet received your tier 4 visa.
Either case you should email Student Account Services [email protected] as soon as possible to ask for a delay in payment.

For the second question, if you have applied for halls on time, you should by now received details about your accommodation. If you haven't, please send an email to Accommodation Services [email protected] or give them a call if you are in UK +44 (0) 115 951 3697
What i did was send a photo of my loan to that address on the website and they emailed me back with a new date,hope that helps :smile: took about 3-4 days but i know others whose took week to sort and mine has been moved to the 10th october!
Reply 723
Original post by bj1
Well I'm a bit late to the party, after a long and winding road here. I missed both my firm for natural sciences (A*AA) and insurance (AAA). I got AAB :frown: (damn chemistry, but I did get A* in EPQ)
I actually applied to Nottingham for Natural sciences to start with and got an unconditional offer if I made them firm, which I didn't. Through clearing I got a place for the exact same course despite my grades (they also originally wanted A*AA!). So I am slowly getting over the disappointment of my terrible grades and not getting into my first two choices but at least I haven't drifted off into unknown territory via clearing as others may.

I have been allocated to/ended up in 'Willoughby' hall, it seems pretty far away from the science site, but I do like the campus itself and the course structure, I did visit during an offer holder's day and the staff and students seem nice.

If anyone could send me a link to any kind of group on facebook for either the hall, Natural Sciences or freshers in general, I'd be grateful, there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of discussion on here!

Here is the direct link for more information :smile: - http://uonwelcome.co.uk/halls/
Reply 724
Original post by TommA
Here is the direct link for more information :smile: - http://uonwelcome.co.uk/halls/

Thanks, I've already been kept busy by my hall group and this morning I've been added to a natural sciences chat, 🙂
Original post by bj1
Thanks, I've already been kept busy by my hall group and this morning I've been added to a natural sciences chat, 🙂

How did you find your subject chat?
I'm currently starting Year 12 and would love to go on to study veterinary medicine at Nottingham Uni. Does anyone have any advice when applying for the course and is there anything you would suggest I need to change or add to my info below. Thank you!

Name: Heardmanator
Course:Veterinary Medicine
GCSEs: 8 A* and 2A
AS: Studying Chemistry, Biology, History and Maths. Predicted AAAA
A2 subjects: Will go on to study Biology, Chemistry and Maths (potentially History too depending on my AS results)
A2 (predictions or achieved): N/A
ECs: Regular sports leadership (Silver and Gold ambassador), Bronze/Silver/Gold DofE, countless weeks of animal based work experience etc. (Not sure what else to mention)
Are there any physics or natural sciences group chats? Couldn't find any so far :colonhash:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending