The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by Arienya
I got west park villas, I was actually looking forward to the slight distance to campus - the walk should wake me up better in a morning :smile: is it easier to go via the uni for the summer, as some of the halls available as holiday lets n stuff through the sanctuary site?

The halls up on the sanctuary website are usually let out to business conferences and anyone coming to visit Dundee over the summer. If you're a current student at dundee and want summer accommodation, it is only the on campus ones that are available to you.

Original post by Tessie Ericsson
I still haven't heard back with an offer/rejection, does that mean I might not get my first choice of accommodation if people are already being allocated? :frown:

They stream the accommodation invites out as far as I'm aware. Have you phoned up asking when you're likely to hear back?
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Just accepted my offer for Dundee to study geography! Does anyone know how long it takes for them to email you with information about accommodation? I'm quite anxious to get started and secure a room.
Original post by Airmed

They stream the accommodation invites out as far as I'm aware. Have you phoned up asking when you're likely to hear back?

I emailed them last Sunday, and received an answer this Tuesday saying that they're on their last lot of application forms and I'll hear about their decision this month. Since the deadline is next Thursday I'm wondering if I should just wait?
It's been a very looong time and still have not received any response, is this normal?
Seems to be pretty normal.
I got my accommodation email a few days ago
Reply 406
Just a quick question, do you have to pay for a deposit soon after you make your room choice?

What if I end up not meeting the grades, or I change my mind about studying?

Do they pay the deposit back?
Reply 407
Original post by Bunny.
Just a quick question, do you have to pay for a deposit soon after you make your room choice?

What if I end up not meeting the grades, or I change my mind about studying?

Do they pay the deposit back?

Yes you do. It's refunded if you don't end up going to Dundee.
Reply 408
Original post by Airmed
Yes you do. It's refunded if you don't end up going to Dundee.

Really?! Most other unis don't take it until after August.
Reply 409
Original post by Aph
Really?! Most other unis don't take it until after August.

You have about 2 weeks to pay it. If you don't, your accommodation offer is removed. I managed to get mine extended to July last year because £300 is a lot but that was it
Reply 410
Original post by Airmed
You have about 2 weeks to pay it. If you don't, your accommodation offer is removed. I managed to get mine extended to July last year because £300 is a lot but that was it

Glad Dundee is only my insurance then!!!
Reply 411
I haven't got my accommodation email yet.

Is there any decent priced accommodation? I heard about Collegiate but no reviews.
Reply 412
Original post by Bunny.
I haven't got my accommodation email yet.

Is there any decent priced accommodation? I heard about Collegiate but no reviews.

They stream out the emails.

It's only decently priced if you go private imho
Reply 413
How do people seem to afford accommodation? My loan barely covers it. :bawling::bawling::bawling:
Reply 414
Original post by Bunny.
How do people seem to afford accommodation? My loan barely covers it. :bawling::bawling::bawling:

Part time jobs mostly. Are you a rest of UK student? There is bursaries available.
Reply 415
Original post by Airmed
Part time jobs mostly. Are you a rest of UK student? There is bursaries available.

Yeah, I figured out if I get my expensive choice in accommodation I'd still be left over with 2.4k in student loan/bursary so that seems OK. I guess a part time job will have to be the plan.
Reply 416
Original post by Bunny.
Yeah, I figured out if I get my expensive choice in accommodation I'd still be left over with 2.4k in student loan/bursary so that seems OK. I guess a part time job will have to be the plan.

I had the same but I also got a lot from busary from the uni.
Reply 417
Original post by Airmed
I had the same but I also got a lot from busary from the uni.

Oh did you get a part time job or just live off the bursaries? Also how do you apply for that?
Reply 418
Original post by Bunny.
Oh did you get a part time job or just live off the bursaries? Also how do you apply for that?

I've been looking for a part time job but it's hard when you've not that much experience unfortunately.

I didn't have to apply. I got one for being a RUK student, another for having good A Levels, and another for coming from a very poor family.
The accommodation runs out on the 7th, but my course ends on the 30th. Where do people stay when their accommodation contract runs out?

Latest

Trending

Trending