The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Airmed
It is compulsory for all first year Film Studies students. I just took it because I needed the credits for semester one, I thought it would be interesting, and since I am a Direct Entry to Year 2 student I don't have the pre reqs required for many Year 2 modules. I just found it badly taught to be bluntly honest. You watch movies twice a week, there is only 1 lecture per week (usually there is 2) and then the seminar is 2 hours long.

Ah, I see. Well at least you're done with it now :smile: I've spoken to two other students doing the course I've applied for, and their experiences were positive. Hopefully I'll think the same :tongue:

How was it starting in Year 2? Not too much?
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 61
Original post by radiohead97
Ah, I see. Well at least you're done with it now :smile: I've spoken to two other students doing the course I've applied for, and their experiences were positive. Hopefully I'll think the same :tongue:

How was it starting in Year 2? Not too much?

I think I was scarred by having 4 hours of it on Thursdays (2 hour film followed by 2 hour seminar).

Easier than expected! I was extremely nervous because I have severe enough mental health issues and it has flared up quite a bit during the semester, but I managed well. For the first few weeks it was like repeating my A Levels. :colonhash:
Original post by Airmed
I think I was scarred by having 4 hours of it on Thursdays (2 hour film followed by 2 hour seminar).

Easier than expected! I was extremely nervous because I have severe enough mental health issues and it has flared up quite a bit during the semester, but I managed well. For the first few weeks it was like repeating my A Levels. :colonhash:

Haha you'll never watch films the same way again (or you'll never watch films, full stop)

That's awesome, well done! Glad to hear you're managing, especially with a whole year off your back already :h:
Reply 63
Original post by radiohead97
Haha you'll never watch films the same way again (or you'll never watch films, full stop)

That's awesome, well done! Glad to hear you're managing, especially with a whole year off your back already :h:

Yet to watch a movie since I finished the module. :tongue:

Thanks. Yeah, uni isn't the horror story I thought it was going to be!
Hi guys,
Got an email about my fees today from Dundee, I submitted my application just under a month ago, so do you think that means they're actually looking at it now?
So nervous! :s-smilie:
Good luck to everyone though!
Reply 65
I got that email about 2 weeks after I sent in my app which was in October. Not 100% why they send it, but at least shows its being processed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Swagio
I got that email about 2 weeks after I sent in my app which was in October. Not 100% why they send it, but at least shows its being processed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay, it hopefully won't be too soon then till they give me some sort of offer haha. What are you applying for? :smile:
Reply 67
Original post by MissNoir98
Oh okay, it hopefully won't be too soon then till they give me some sort of offer haha. What are you applying for? :smile:

Nuring.
I hope so Altho I'm not expecting to hear till after the 15th now!
Original post by MissNoir98
Hi guys,
Got an email about my fees today from Dundee, I submitted my application just under a month ago, so do you think that means they're actually looking at it now?
So nervous! :s-smilie:
Good luck to everyone though!

Hey, I got this email too .are you scottish ?
Original post by Larissa14
Hey, I got this email too .are you scottish ?

Yes! haha, I'm guessing you are too then :smile:
Name: Zoe
Course: Mental Health Nursing
Highest Award: HNC Health & Social Care.

Finally decided to take the jump for Uni after a couple of years out of Education! Thought I'd just see if anyone here happens to have applied to the same course as me! Will no doubt be moving to Dundee if I am accepted as 1st & 2nd choice are there! (also applied at Abertay, and UWS)
Reply 71
Original post by zorrozoidberg
Name: Zoe
Course: Mental Health Nursing
Highest Award: HNC Health & Social Care.

Finally decided to take the jump for Uni after a couple of years out of Education! Thought I'd just see if anyone here happens to have applied to the same course as me! Will no doubt be moving to Dundee if I am accepted as 1st & 2nd choice are there! (also applied at Abertay, and UWS)

I've applied to do mental health here too. Basically in the same situation after a few years out of education.
Have you heard anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Swagio
I've applied to do mental health here too. Basically in the same situation after a few years out of education.
Have you heard anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't heard back from any of my three choices yet, although I only finally submitted my application on the 3rd or 4th of January. Especially with the likes of Dundee/Abertay won't be expecting any offers until after the 15th anyway!
Reply 73
I haven't heard back from any of my three choices yet, although I only finally submitted my application on the 3rd or 4th of January. Especially with the likes of Dundee/Abertay won't be expecting any offers until after the 15th anyway!

Mine went off in October and I had replies from the 2 English unis I applied for but nothing from the Scottish ones, they've all said after the 15th, so hopefully it won't be too much longer to wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Swagio
Mine went off in October and I had replies from the 2 English unis I applied for but nothing from the Scottish ones, they've all said after the 15th, so hopefully it won't be too much longer to wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile

gosh, October?! I was very late in sending mine off as it was a bit of a last minute decision and then had to wait about a week until my manager could sort out my reference! But hoping that doesn't mean i'll be waiting till Feb/March!
Reply 75
gosh, October?! I was very late in sending mine off as it was a bit of a last minute decision and then had to wait about a week until my manager could sort out my reference! But hoping that doesn't mean i'll be waiting till Feb/March!

One got back to me today with an interview which is awesome, but from what I got dundee dosent give ones out till after the 15th anyway so it's all done at same time. But tbh it'll go so quickly you'll suddenly have them all back, swear it was only October yesterday! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello there, I'm Sharifah from Malaysia, and I got called for the Dentistry interview by the end of this month. Do u happen to know anyone who I could ask further about it? I'll be very please if u could help me 😄 thank you!
Reply 77
I got an unconditional offer from Dundee Uni last night for Law (Scots and English/NI) Dual Qualifying and I know that two others from my school have unconditionals there too (Chem' and Geo', I believe) so best of luck to everyone still waiting!
Original post by EXIDeer
I got an unconditional offer from Dundee Uni last night for Law (Scots and English/NI) Dual Qualifying and I know that two others from my school have unconditionals there too (Chem' and Geo', I believe) so best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Hey ! Congratulations on the offer ! :biggrin:
I applied for the same course but havent heard anything :/
So if you dont mind me asking what were your grades and when did you send your ucas off ?
Reply 79
Original post by guzz6
Hey ! Congratulations on the offer ! :biggrin:
I applied for the same course but havent heard anything :/
So if you dont mind me asking what were your grades and when did you send your ucas off ?

Thanks hun!
I'm sure you'll hear something soon, especially with the deadline coming up!
I sent away my UCAS around I think the 15th of December (I'm not sure but it was around the time I got my first offer on the 18th) so it's been about a month since.
My grades at higher were ABBB(C) (English, Chemistry, Biology and Maths, respectively. I have another C for the old higher maths but I'm not sure if it counts since I resat with new higher). I also have a B at Advanced Higher Chemistry! :-)

Latest