The Student Room Group

What A-Levels should I pick if I want to go into Law?

I'm really keen on going into the Law career once I leave highschool, I'm unsure exactly which A-Levels I should take. I was thinking Law, Politics, Economics and unsure about a 4th if needed. Does anyone here have any recommended A-Levels? Or should I change what I think I'm taking? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Emsy4
I'm really keen on going into the Law career once I leave highschool, I'm unsure exactly which A-Levels I should take. I was thinking Law, Politics, Economics and unsure about a 4th if needed. Does anyone here have any recommended A-Levels? Or should I change what I think I'm taking? Thanks :smile:

Those are fine. Just do subjects you enjoy as there usually no fixed requirements for law so you would be best placed to choose subjects which you would enjoy as this is most conducive to you doing well in them.

As a fourth subject Maths/Geography/History/English Lit/French/Spanish would be fine.
Those subject sound great for law and they go really well together 👍🏽👍🏽

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Could I go into law by studying biology, chemistry, physics and psychology at AS and 3 of the 4 at A2?
Original post by Emsy4

Maybe English, maths, history and politics/ philosophy? They're not all mandatory but I know maths and English are very important if you're interested in law
Original post by Ash Kay
Could I go into law by studying biology, chemistry, physics and psychology at AS and 3 of the 4 at A2?

Normally a mix of science/humanities etc would be fine, but 3/4 sciences might pose a slight issue as the universities may have reservations about your written ability. However, as long as you manage to convince them that your written communication skills are strong (as they will have to be for a law degree) then I think you should be ok.

The best thing to do would be for you to email the individual law department's of some universities that you are interested in (after examining their websites to see if they answer your query on there).
Original post by Emsy4

Those subjects sound fine.
For a 4th, id probably look at something like english literature, history or geography.

Quick Reply

Latest