The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Brunel University Applicants 2016

Welcome to the Brunel Applicants' page [2016 entry!!!]

I just thought that it would be cool to set up an applicant page for all people who are planning to apply to Brunel for 2016 entry to get to know eachother and see who they're up against really :mmm:!

Just fill out the form below and off you go! :woo: :

Name:
Undergraduate/Postgraduate:
AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted):
A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted):
Offer made/rejected:

Here's mine:

Name: Ally
Course: Software Engineering (with a year in industry)
Undergraduate/Postgraduate: Undergraduate
AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted): Achieved AABB
A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted): Predicted ABB
Offer made/rejected: Offer received on 11/11/15 - BBB
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yay, I was waiting for this to be made! :smile:
Name: Regan
Course: Biomedical Science (with professional experience)
AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted): CDD in Bio, Maths, and Physics (totally flunked haha, but I had some real extenuating circumstances, which resulted in me nearly being taken to hospital around the time of exams, so I'm hoping this will be taken into account :frown:)
A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted): ABB or BBB (fingers crossed! Honestly believe I can do this good next year.)
Offer made/rejected: Got an offer!! :biggrin:

Has anyone applied/been made an offer? :smile: looking on this site, I feel like I'm so late in sending off an application.
(edited 8 years ago)
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Original post by Save.Me
Yay, I was waiting for this to be made! :smile:
Name: Regan
Course: Biomedical Science (with professional experience)
AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted): CDD in Bio, Maths, and Physics (totally flunked haha, but I had some real extenuating circumstances, which resulted in me nearly being taken to hospital around the time of exams, so I'm hoping this will be taken into account :frown:)
A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted): ABB or BBB (fingers crossed! Honestly believe I can do this good next year.)
Offer made/rejected: Haven't sent it off yet.

Has anyone applied/been made an offer? :smile: looking on this site, I feel like I'm so late in sending off an application.

Yaaaaay another Brunel hopeful :woo:

I know right?! So many people are sending their applications in early, even if they aren't early applicants. I guess when you send it early you have a higher chance of being considered since there won't be many people to compare against no? :yep:

I forwarded my application to my referee on Friday, and am hoping to get my application sent off before half term!!
Reply 3
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Yaaaaay another Brunel hopeful :woo:

I know right?! So many people are sending their applications in early, even if they aren't early applicants. I guess when you send it early you have a higher chance of being considered since there won't be many people to compare against no? :yep:

I forwarded my application to my referee on Friday, and am hoping to get my application sent off before half term!!

I have to admit I was cautious about Brunel because of the area, lol. I want to live in a big city (after living in the countryside my whole life), but the uni seems too good to not apply.

Aw, I have no idea when I'm going to get my application in. I don't even know who's writing my reference. My college is so unorganised :frown: Good luck!!

Where else are you applying? :smile:
Hi there, I'm thinking about applying to Brunel for 2016 to the speciality of Product design and since I'm not from United Kingdom it's kind of hard to find the right information. So maybe you know what are the advantages and disadvantages of the courses without professional experience and with it?
Original post by Whythehell
Hi there, I'm thinking about applying to Brunel for 2016 to the speciality of Product design and since I'm not from United Kingdom it's kind of hard to find the right information. So maybe you know what are the advantages and disadvantages of the courses without professional experience and with it?

Hi there! :hello:

For me personally, a few of the advantages of having some professional experience are:

You'll be more experienced than graduates who haven't worked in the field

You get a taster of what it will be like to work in the industry

Many people who perform well in this professional placement get offered jobs right after they graduate

Disadvantages:

You won't be graduating with all the people in your course (some people may choose not to do experience) so you'll be graduating with people in the year below (or two years below if you're doing a Masters)

It's an extra year

You have to pay to secure a work placement/or to find one (I'm not quite sure, all I know is that money is involved before you actually get your placement confirmed)

Travel expenses (if the place you're working at is at a distance)

Maybe @Brunel University London will be able to add more to the list!
Original post by Save.Me
I have to admit I was cautious about Brunel because of the area, lol. I want to live in a big city (after living in the countryside my whole life), but the uni seems too good to not apply.

Aw, I have no idea when I'm going to get my application in. I don't even know who's writing my reference. My college is so unorganised :frown: Good luck!!

Where else are you applying? :smile:

Ah yes, Brunel isn't TOO far from central London so the access is a dream :daydreaming:

Oh no! I'm sure your college will pull themselves together once many people start forwarding their applications to them! :yep:

I'll be applying to Cardiff, Swansea, Brighton and Nottingham Trent :smile: and you?

For me personally, a few of the advantages of having some professional experience are:

You'll be more experienced than graduates who haven't worked in the field

You get a taster of what it will be like to work in the industry

Many people who perform well in this professional placement get offered jobs right after they graduate

Disadvantages:

You won't be graduating with all the people in your course (some people may choose not to do experience) so you'll be graduating with people in the year below (or two years below if you're doing a Masters)

It's an extra year

You have to pay to secure a work placement/or to find one (I'm not quite sure, all I know is that money is involved before you actually get your placement confirmed)

Travel expenses (if the place you're working at is at a distance)

Maybe @Brunel University London will be able to add more to the list!

Thanks, it may help me to decide. :smile:
Hi there, I'm thinking about applying to Brunel for 2016 to the speciality of Product Design and since I'm not from United Kingdom it's somehow difficult to find the right information. For example maybe you know advantages and disadvantages of course without year with professional expirience and with it?
Hello everyone! :smile:

Name: Therese
Course: English Lit
Undergraduate/PG: Undergraduate

as you can see I'm a Swedish student so I don't have any predicted grades or such lol. But I was just wondering, when you applied through UCAS, did you guys later get an email from Brunel thanking you for applying etc? On their website they state that they will send out one, but I didn't get one. Thanks :biggrin:
Ah yes, Brunel isn't TOO far from central London so the access is a dream :daydreaming:

Oh no! I'm sure your college will pull themselves together once many people start forwarding their applications to them! :yep:

I'll be applying to Cardiff, Swansea, Brighton and Nottingham Trent :smile: and you?

I really, really want to live in London, so I'm applying to Queen Mary, Roehampton, Middlesex, and Westminster (as backup in case I get no offers, lol.) Praying I get an offer from Queen Mary or Brunel!

My college's application deadline is like December. They can forget that :laugh: I'm trying to get my app in before half-term, too, can't deal with the waiting. It's the worst thing.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Tessie Ericsson
Hello everyone! :smile:

Name: Therese
Course: English Lit
Undergraduate/PG: Undergraduate

as you can see I'm a Swedish student so I don't have any predicted grades or such lol. But I was just wondering, when you applied through UCAS, did you guys later get an email from Brunel thanking you for applying etc? On their website they state that they will send out one, but I didn't get one. Thanks :biggrin:

Oooh so you'll be an international student then! I haven't sent my application off yet :nope: but yes, they apparently send an acknowledgement email to let you know that they've received your application.

Hmm .. UCAS usually forward applications to universities in batches; perhaps it's taking them a while to process yours or they have loads to go through. Hopefully it'll all get sorted soon! :smile:
Original post by Save.Me
I really, really want to live in London, so I'm applying to Queen Mary, Roehampton, Middlesex, and Westminster (as backup in case I get no offers, lol.) I'm not going to kid myself with top grade unis like Kings and Imperial :redface:

My college's application deadline is like December. They can forget that :laugh: I'm trying to get my app in before half-term, too, can't deal with the waiting. It's the worst thing.

I did work experience in Imperial and was like woah smart people everywhere :eek: but I didn't really like the atmosphere there (not like I have the right to complain :laugh:)

December?! You're so lucky, the internal deadline in my sixth form is mid-November :eek:! My form tutor is taking absolutely ages with my reference because he knows nothing about Software Engineering (he's a Sociology and Politics teacher) so he needs to collaborate with my IT teacher :lol:
goodluck @thecatwithnohat i hope you get into your uni choice (i'm sure you will tho :hugs:)
Original post by CoolCavy
goodluck @thecatwithnohat i hope you get into your uni choice (i'm sure you will tho :hugs:)

Aww thank you pumpkin, I hope so :h:

Oooh so you'll be an international student then! I haven't sent my application off yet :nope: but yes, they apparently send an acknowledgement email to let you know that they've received your application.

Hmm .. UCAS usually forward applications to universities in batches; perhaps it's taking them a while to process yours or they have loads to go through. Hopefully it'll all get sorted soon! :smile:

Oh, I didn't know they sent them out in batches! That's good to know :smile: but the weird thing is, I sent in my application September 22. I feel I should've gotten it by now :/ oh well, I hope it'll fix itself soon! And thanks for the response! :biggrin:
I did work experience in Imperial and was like woah smart people everywhere :eek: but I didn't really like the atmosphere there (not like I have the right to complain :laugh:)

December?! You're so lucky, the internal deadline in my sixth form is mid-November :eek:! My form tutor is taking absolutely ages with my reference because he knows nothing about Software Engineering (he's a Sociology and Politics teacher) so he needs to collaborate with my IT teacher :lol:

Haha, yeah, I went to the open day, was scary. I felt like the stupidest person ever, especially when they were saying that the people who apply often have more than A*A*A, and they never go lower than the offer :indiff:

It isn't lucky, lol, I want to get my application off before then! :frown: I'm sure you'll get it sent off soon, at least you've done your PS and everything, so no pressure/rush :smile: Do we actually get to see the reference?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Save.Me
x

I'm so sorry I didn't reply to this for 2 WHOLE WEEKS :eek: I must have accidentally skipped it in my notifications.

I could imagine how you felt at Imperial :lol: some of the people are really nice though :yep:

I got my application sent off on the 20th! :h: Have you sent yours off then? I was lucky enough for my form tutor to read my reference to me. If your school is really mean and sends it off without showing you the reference, you'll have to pay UCAS £10 in order to view it which seems so unfair! :hmmm:
I'm so sorry I didn't reply to this for 2 WHOLE WEEKS :eek: I must have accidentally skipped it in my notifications.

I could imagine how you felt at Imperial :lol: some of the people are really nice though :yep:

I got my application sent off on the 20th! :h: Have you sent yours off then? I was lucky enough for my form tutor to read my reference to me. If your school is really mean and sends it off without showing you the reference, you'll have to pay UCAS £10 in order to view it which seems so unfair! :hmmm:

No, I haven't sent mine off. My tutor cancelled on me three times when we were supposed to be discussing the reference :frown: she's promising to get it off by next week. It's so annoying just waiting on her. But she's basically going to let me put whatever I want in the reference, so it's worth it :':wink:

You have any offers yet? :smile:
Original post by Save.Me
No, I haven't sent mine off. My tutor cancelled on me three times when we were supposed to be discussing the reference :frown: she's promising to get it off by next week. It's so annoying just waiting on her. But she's basically going to let me put whatever I want in the reference, so it's worth it :':wink:

You have any offers yet? :smile:

My form tutor was exactly like that too, but I confronted him on parents evening with my dad and the next day he read my reference to me :rofl: what a joker!

No :emo: :cry2: :bawling: there are people on here who got offers within hours!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending