Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea University Applicants' Page 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey,

Thought I'd say hello.

Am an applicant for 2015 entry, got my place and deferred it to start in 2016. Currently getting some work experience before I start as I felt it would help with professional development! My course is Accountancy and Finance at the Bay Campus, see you Sept 2016..
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Heya! :hello: Welcome to the thread.

Political Communications sound interesting; what is it about? Also, you have got such lovely predictions haha! How are you feeling about the whole UCAS process at the moment? :h:

Thank you! :smile:

It's about the media, it's influence, and how Politicians use it to gain/keep power. It's one of the more interesting courses I've found. (I'm hoping to have a career in Politics).
I never expected to get those grades or those predictions, especially after failing year 12 the first time. So it was a pleasant shock on Results Day haha :smile:

What is Software Engineering about? I saw you're applying to Cardiff as well? Me too!

UCAS has been very stressful. The day after I'd sent my UCAS application to my college I realised that I left off a GCSE so I had to ask the college to send it back. They have it again now though and I just feel helpless! How have you been getting on? Any offers? :smile:
Original post by jack54
Hey,

Thought I'd say hello.

Am an applicant for 2015 entry, got my place and deferred it to start in 2016. Currently getting some work experience before I start as I felt it would help with professional development! My course is Accountancy and Finance at the Bay Campus, see you Sept 2016..

Heya!

How is your gap year going so far? I'm sure it's so relaxing (ignoring the stress of finding some good work experience! :ahee:) Who knows where I'll end up next September eh? :innocent:
Original post by emiloujess
Thank you! :smile:

It's about the media, it's influence, and how Politicians use it to gain/keep power. It's one of the more interesting courses I've found. (I'm hoping to have a career in Politics).
I never expected to get those grades or those predictions, especially after failing year 12 the first time. So it was a pleasant shock on Results Day haha :smile:

What is Software Engineering about? I saw you're applying to Cardiff as well? Me too!

UCAS has been very stressful. The day after I'd sent my UCAS application to my college I realised that I left off a GCSE so I had to ask the college to send it back. They have it again now though and I just feel helpless! How have you been getting on? Any offers? :smile:

Ooooh the brief summary sounds very intriguing! In Sociology we're studying about how the media, one of a capitalist's societies main institutions, helps to keep the government and those higher up in society in power! Very interesting stuff (if it's even relevant to your course :lol:). Woah, that's brilliant, well done! :smile:

Software Engineering is mainly about developing or maintaining new or already existing software products. The aim is to create something that is £££-saving (:mmm:) and meets the company's needs I guess.

My UCAS hasn't been sent off yet and it just makes me feel like asking for my UCAS application back so that I can change some things! :bawling: they should send it and rid me of this torture haha!
Ooooh the brief summary sounds very intriguing! In Sociology we're studying about how the media, one of a capitalist's societies main institutions, helps to keep the government and those higher up in society in power! Very interesting stuff (if it's even relevant to your course :lol:). Woah, that's brilliant, well done! :smile:

Software Engineering is mainly about developing or maintaining new or already existing software products. The aim is to create something that is £££-saving (:mmm:) and meets the company's needs I guess.

My UCAS hasn't been sent off yet and it just makes me feel like asking for my UCAS application back so that I can change some things! :bawling: they should send it and rid me of this torture haha!

We're doing Beliefs and Crime & Deviance in Sociology :smile:

That sounds interesting! Any career plans?

Lol same! I keep thinking that I should switch one of my Cardiff courses to Politics & Economics instead of Politics & Sociology even though I know I'd prefer the P&S course, it's really annoying! I'm going to Aberystwyth for Halloween and it'd be great going there knowing I have an offer from the university!
Reply 25
Heya!

How is your gap year going so far? I'm sure it's so relaxing (ignoring the stress of finding some good work experience! :ahee:) Who knows where I'll end up next September eh? :innocent:

Gap year is going great so far, although I am already really excited to start. Got great work experience too.

If your doing software engineering that will be at the Bay Campus right? Thought they moved all Engineering and Business there.
Reply 26
Name:Rea
Course: Medical engineering BENG year in industry
Undergraduate/Postgraduate: Undergraduate
AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted): BDD
A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted): predicted, not sure yet
Offer made/rejected: TBA
Reply 27
Name: Elise
Course: Zoology
AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted): ABCD
A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted): AAB
Offer made/rejected: Tbc
Original post by jack54
Hey,

Thought I'd say hello.

Hey

I want to study accounting and finance and hopefully go to Swansea.
I have quite a few questions (hope you dont mind):
What were your AS grades?
What.were you predicted this time last year?
What were you final a level grades?
:smile:
Reply 29
Original post by farah1997
Hey

I want to study accounting and finance and hopefully go to Swansea.
I have quite a few questions (hope you dont mind):
What were your AS grades?
What.were you predicted this time last year?
What were you final a level grades?
:smile:

Hey,

No I don't mind at all.

I actually consider myself quite lucky to have gotten in.
I studied AS Levels in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History, Achieving EDDC, dropping biology. I applied, got an offer of BBB from the department, and finally achieved DCC in Chemistry, Maths and History. I guess that it shows that a good personal statement goes a long way... felt very lucky and privileged to have a place. Which is part of the reason I am on a gap year, as I had not expected to get BBB and hence not get in, so I will start next year. Plus, gives me chance to gain work experience and some all important $$$ :smile:.

On another note, if your thinking of applying and haven't had a look at the new Bay Campus, I'd definitely recommend having a look, when I applied last year the Accountancy Department was based in Singleton Campus, and we were shown pictures of the new buildings. Last weekend I went to the open day with my younger brother who is also applying, and the department + accommodation is so good its surreal.

Sorry for long paragraph & life story haha, hope that answers your questions.
Just got an acknowlegement email :biggrin: My heart jumped even though it doesn't really mean anything....
Original post by jack54
Gap year is going great so far, although I am already really excited to start. Got great work experience too.

If your doing software engineering that will be at the Bay Campus right? Thought they moved all Engineering and Business there.

I am not too sure :erm: how do I check? :h:

Original post by RaeRae96
Name:Rea
Course: Medical engineering BENG year in industry
AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted): BDD
A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted): predicted, not sure yet
Offer made/rejected: TBA

Original post by elise98
Name: Elise
Course: Zoology
AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted): ABCD
A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted): AAB
Offer made/rejected: Tbc

Welcome guys, how are your personal statements/UCAS applications going? :h:

Just got an acknowlegement email :biggrin: My heart jumped even though it doesn't really mean anything....

:eek: !!!! It's finally been sent off huh?! My teacher only realised today that he's had me waiting for a whole week when he could've just read me my personal statement and sent it off -_____________-

:eek: !!!! It's finally been sent off huh?! My teacher only realised today that he's had me waiting for a whole week when he could've just read me my personal statement and sent it off -_____________-

Yep it's gone off, yesterday! :biggrin: That must have been annoying! :angry:

I have had emails from Birmingham, Swansea and Aberystwyth :smile: Has yours been sent off now then or are you still waiting?
Yep it's gone off, yesterday! :biggrin: That must have been annoying! :angry:

I have had emails from Birmingham, Swansea and Aberystwyth :smile: Has yours been sent off now then or are you still waiting?

I meant reference* in my last post, not personal statement haha.

And yes, I'm still waiting. He'll read me my ref. tomorrow and hopefully it'll get sent off in the afternoon.

Oooh, how exciting! May the nerves begin :wink:
I meant reference* in my last post, not personal statement haha.

And yes, I'm still waiting. He'll read me my ref. tomorrow and hopefully it'll get sent off in the afternoon.

Oooh, how exciting! May the nerves begin :wink:

Ah right OK :smile: I didn't get to see my reference, my teachers like me though and I know my predictions for definite now so I'm not too worried :biggrin:

Hopefully! :tongue:
Reply 35
I am not too sure :erm: how do I check? :h:

Dunno, try having a look on the prospectus.
Original post by jack54
Dunno, try having a look on the prospectus.

What a helpful gem you are...

Anyway, enjoy Swansea in 2016! :wink:
Original post by jack54
Hey,

No I don't mind at all.

I actually consider myself quite lucky to have gotten in.
I studied AS Levels in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History, Achieving EDDC, dropping biology. I applied, got an offer of BBB from the department, and finally achieved DCC in Chemistry, Maths and History. I guess that it shows that a good personal statement goes a long way... felt very lucky and privileged to have a place. Which is part of the reason I am on a gap year, as I had not expected to get BBB and hence not get in, so I will start next year. Plus, gives me chance to gain work experience and some all important $$$ :smile:.

On another note, if your thinking of applying and haven't had a look at the new Bay Campus, I'd definitely recommend having a look, when I applied last year the Accountancy Department was based in Singleton Campus, and we were shown pictures of the new buildings. Last weekend I went to the open day with my younger brother who is also applying, and the department + accommodation is so good its surreal.

Sorry for long paragraph & life story haha, hope that answers your questions.

Hiya,
I'm applying to Swansea for 2016 entry on similar AS grades to you. I was just wondering what were your predicted grades and where did you choose to apply with what entry requirements. Very worried about receiving offers despite planning a series of retakes.
Thankyou :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ameliajane.
Name: Amelia
Course: Medical Genetics MSci Undergraduate/Postgraduate: Undergraduate
AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted): BCCD (resitting a few exams)
A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted): ABB
Offer made/rejected: TBC

Welcome! :hello:

What exams will you be retaking? And how are you coping so far in year 13? :h:
Reply 39
Original post by emilywenzel98
Hiya,
I'm applying to Swansea for 2016 entry on similar AS grades to you. I was just wondering what were your predicted grades and where did you choose to apply with what entry requirements. Very worried about receiving offers despite planning a series of retakes.
Thankyou :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My predicted grades were BBC or BCC, can't remember tbh haha.
I applied to Swansea, Cardiff Met, UWE, Plymouth and Portsmouth. I had offers from all of them, very similar to my predicted grades.

I wouldn't be so worried, you'd be surprised. I messed up my AS levels and thought that I was stuffed when it came to uni's, so was quite surprised.

What are you thinking of applying for?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest