The Student Room Group

Mathematics / Further Mathematics (AQA) / Additional Further Mathematics (Edexcel)

Hi,

I'm wondering whether anyone knows whether it's possible to take Mathematics and Further Mathematics on AQA and take Additional Further Mathematics on Edexcel. My unit distribution would look like this:

Mathematics (AQA): C1 C2 C3 C4 D1 M1
Further Mathematics (AQA): FP1 FP2 FP4 S1 D2 M2
Additional Further Mathematics (Edexcel): FP3 M3 M4 M5 S2 S3

Is it going to be a problem that I am not taking all my modules on Edexcel?
Reply 1
Original post by bencurnow
Hi,

I'm wondering whether anyone knows whether it's possible to take Mathematics and Further Mathematics on AQA and take Additional Further Mathematics on Edexcel. My unit distribution would look like this:

Mathematics (AQA): C1 C2 C3 C4 D1 M1
Further Mathematics (AQA): FP1 FP2 FP4 S1 D2 M2
Additional Further Mathematics (Edexcel): FP3 M3 M4 M5 S2 S3

Is it going to be a problem that I am not taking all my modules on Edexcel?

why are you not taking these units with AQA?
Reply 2
Original post by TeeEm
why are you not taking these units with AQA?

AQA does not offer the Additional Further Mathematics A level
Reply 3
Original post by bencurnow
AQA does not offer the Additional Further Mathematics A level

so what?

You are clearly doing these modules for the extra knowledge and to boost your application for maths based courses.

Many AQA students do all AQA units and they mention that fact in their statement.
They never cash them in as an A level (it also gives them some freedom during cash in)
Reply 4
It isn't possible, and I think there's very little point to taking AFM. Doing all the pure modules, and a decent chunk of statistics and mechanics (up to S2 and M2/3) already prepares you for whatever mathematical degree you're doing. No course wants AFM, no one looks upon it very highly and getting a sub-par grade makes you look bad. The last mechanics modules especially are very tricky.

By all means learn extra modules, whether you want them examined to give you more chances of an A*, or just learned, or even learned over the summer holidays.
Reply 5
Ah, alright, thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending