The Student Room Group

Track checkers not so anonymous! (2016 thread)

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, I did :wink: I really enjoy the STEP papers and the one MAT paper I did was pretty interesting. What's the date you sit the MAT paper?
Original post by Ryanzmw
Yeah, I did :wink: I really enjoy the STEP papers and the one MAT paper I did was pretty interesting. What's the date you sit the MAT paper?

No way! Did you go to the Maths one in July?

Do you think you'll be ready for STEP when the time comes? My MAT paper is on November 4th, so not long to go now :smile:
Original post by Magnesium
No way! Did you go to the Maths one in July?

Do you think you'll be ready for STEP when the time comes? My MAT paper is on November 4th, so not long to go now :smile:

Yep! It was pretty good. Were you there?

6 questions on STEP I is generally quite easy, I haven't started to look at STEP II and STEP III yet. I might start looking at STEP II after this current school term, as far as I'm aware it's just STEP I but more difficult...
Original post by Ryanzmw
Yep! It was pretty good. Were you there?

6 questions on STEP I is generally quite easy, I haven't started to look at STEP II and STEP III yet. I might start looking at STEP II after this current school term, as far as I'm aware it's just STEP I but more difficult...

Yeah I was :smile: Having said that, I don't remember anyone else apart from the other girls on my table :lol: The talk from Dr Skinner was pretty good though!

Yeah STEP ll is slightly harder but shouldn't be half as bad as STEP lll D: Are you doing any extra modules to prepare?
I'm learning M3, M4 and S3, but I won't sit the exams. Yeah It was. which Oxford college are you applying to, might I ask? Our school had a two day school trip to Oxford, so funnily enough, I'm more familiar with the Oxford colleges than Cambridge collegeS xD
Checking my emails even more than normal now :lol:
I got so thrown when the SAQ asked me for an optional additional personal statement :afraid:
Original post by liviward36
No, not what I meant :laugh: I do know what a comfirmation email is but I haven't had one yet! Don't know whether or not to be worried? I still haven't sat the LNAT so maybe that's why? How long did your confirmation email take to get?

I got it on Wednesday (7th October) and I sat my LNAT on the 17th September
Original post by liviward36
omg now I'm freaking out! How have people got offers already!!! Mine's just been sent off and I've been checking track every day! Well.. hour! This is going to be the longest wait of my life!

It depends on the course/uni. For competitive vocational courses (e.g. Medicine and Law) offers won't come in for months. There's not much point checking it that often, you'll get an email when it changes and then you can log in and see what has happened
Am I right in thinking that Durham are one of the latest Universities to give out offers?
All the people worrying about Law offers, Kent have given out a few Law offers already!
Original post by Ryanzmw
I'm learning M3, M4 and S3, but I won't sit the exams. Yeah It was. which Oxford college are you applying to, might I ask? Our school had a two day school trip to Oxford, so funnily enough, I'm more familiar with the Oxford colleges than Cambridge collegeS xD

Ah, I'm learning FP3 & M3 as extra but also not taking the exams :h:
I'm applying for St Johns! Which Cambridge college are you applying to? Haha, did you like the look of Oxford then? :biggrin:
I'm applying for St Johns! Which Cambridge college are you applying to? Haha, did you like the look of Oxford then? :biggrin:

:wavey:
Original post by antigone-
All the people worrying about Law offers, Kent have given out a few Law offers already!

Blimey, that's quick! :tongue: although my boyfriend got an offer for maths at Warwick the day after he sent in his application :lol:
Original post by Gingerbread101
:wavey:

Hello! :smile:
Hello! :smile:

I changed my mind at the last minute for which college I'm applying for at Cambridge- now going for Emma :colondollar:
I changed my mind at the last minute for which college I'm applying for at Cambridge- now going for Emma :colondollar:

Ooh, I've never seen Emma before, is it pretty? :P What course are you going for :h:

They were one of the ones I was heavily considering originally - for Medicine.

I've gotten all my acknowledgements :smile:.
Ooh, I've never seen Emma before, is it pretty? :P What course are you going for :h:

Very :yes:

Spoiler

For some reason it won't let me attach a picture, but here: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bd/Emmanuel_College_Front_Court,_Cambridge,_UK_-_Diliff.jpg
Law :awesome:
Original post by keromedic
They were one of the ones I was heavily considering originally - for Medicine.

I've gotten all my acknowledgements :smile:.

Yay :woo:

St. Catharine's! I loved Oxford. Especially the Andrew Wiles building! I presume you're wanting to study just Maths and not with any other subject?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending