The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds - Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Woohoo got my first offer today, from Leeds! AAA to do History and English!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by speed1✈️✈️
Well Hello there! I'm also applying for Aviation Technology, although I'm more inclined to the management course than pilot studies, because I don't want to be a pilot:tongue:.

I'm certain you'll get the offer with your excellent AS grades! Unfortunately mine were not so good:frown:, so I'm much more concerned about achieving the entry requirement than getting an offer:s-smilie:

The management side will be interesting too but you're missing out with the flying pfft 😏
I feel like Leeds isn't just about grades though so gotta write an awesome personal statement too! And don't stress, you'll get the grades if you put in enough effort! I hope we both get the offers/grades, have you applied yet?
Original post by qazzaqwsxxsw
The management side will be interesting too but you're missing out with the flying pfft 😏
I feel like Leeds isn't just about grades though so gotta write an awesome personal statement too! And don't stress, you'll get the grades if you put in enough effort! I hope we both get the offers/grades, have you applied yet?

I agree the management side is very interesting, I feel it also opens up a lot more career paths in the industry.

I really hope I can get the grades! I got an A in Maths (almost 90ums), so I should really be aiming for the A*. In Physics I completely flopped the unit 1 (mechanics) module but got As in Unit 2 and the practical so it came out as a mid B overall:frown::frown::frown:. And I was 1ums (half a raw mark!) off an A in Geography! :frown:

I've finished my personal statement before half term, I really hope it's good enough to convince Leeds!

I really wanted to apply before half term so I can focus on getting on track with my A2 work and start revising. But my school wants to deal with the early applicants (Oxbridge/Medicine etc) first and get theres' sent off. So I'll just have to wait till November.
Also, everyone keeps asking me what are my 5 choices? :frown: I don't even have a proper second one, let alone 5! It's a really embarrassing situation. My personal statement is completely tailored to Aviation, so I can't realistically apply for aerospace courses. I want Leeds so badly.
What are your other options if Leeds doesn't work out for you?
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi, i'm an international applicant from Singapore.

Course: Chemical Engineering
GCSEs (Equivalent): 4A1 4A2
AS:
A2 subjects (Equivalent): Physics, Mathematics, Economics, Chemistry
A2 (predictions or achieved): AAAB (Achieved)
Other: Highest grade for my A level is A. Already got an unconditional offer from leeds on friday.
HiI have a question regarding the interdisciplinary Foundation year, I am planning to apply for (September 2016)However, as i know that it is very competitive (Transfer to medicine) therefore, i just want to write my personal statement about the fact that i want to study sciencesBy the end of the year, is it still possible that i can transfer on to Medicine or dentistry or can i only study sciences because i said that in the beginning of the year

Plz help
Name: Sarah
Course: Law with French Law
GCSEs:
2 A* 1A 5B 3C
AS:ABCC
A2 subjects:French, Psychology, English Literature
A2 (predictions or achieved):ABB
Other:Applying to Access for Leeds!

still waiting for an offer I sent mine off on the 15th?
Course: Sociology and Politics
GCSEs: A*A*A*A*AAAAAAA
AS: AAAB
A2 subjects: Sociology, Psychology, English Language
A2 (predictions or achieved): AAA
Other: Still waiting for a reply - I've received my other 4 but I'm hoping to go to Leeds because I love the campus, city and the course modules available.
Name: Becca
Course: Politics and Parliamentary Studies
GCSEs: 3A*s, 8As and a C
AS: AAAB
A2 subjects: Politics, History and Geography
A2 (predictions or achieved): A*A*A*
Other: Absolutely in love with the look of this course, wondered if anyone has heard anything yet?
I wouldn't worry too much yet if you haven't yet had an offer. I've applied for Mental Health Nursing and sent some questions to the admissions tutor and he said that although applications have been received they've not been split between tutors yet to sort through so this may be the same for other courses.
Reply 69
Anyone got any offers yet?
Name: Elliot
Course: Sociology
GCSEs: A*AABBBBBBBCCC
AS: ABC
A2 subjects: Sociology, English Language, Business Studies
A2 (predictions or achieved): AAC
In regards to offers, obviously we will be told if we are successful, but if we are not will we also be told or just not get anything back?
From what I remember from when I last used track, you will get a notification something has trained and it will say 'unsuccessful'.
Ah okay, hopefully that won't happen! Thank you :smile:
Anyone applying for 2016? which course?
Name: Charlotte
Course: Law
GCSEs: 4 A*s, 6 As
IB Subjects: HL history, English lang/lit, business and SL bio, maths studies, French ab initio
Prediction: 40
Other: My friend applied at the same time as me and already has an offer, makes me nervous!
Original post by cmaclennan
Name: Charlotte
Course: Law
GCSEs: 4 A*s, 6 As
IB Subjects: HL history, English lang/lit, business and SL bio, maths studies, French ab initio
Prediction: 40
Other: My friend applied at the same time as me and already has an offer, makes me nervous!

Your friends Leeds got an offer for Law? Oh god, when did she apply?
Reply 77
Course: Arabic and Middle Eastern Studies
GCSEs: 7 A*s, 4As
AS grades: BBCC
A2 predictions: ABBC

I'm worried that my grades are too low and I won't get an offer. I've completed my UCAS stuff, but my reference hasn't been written yet *sigh*.... Is anyone else applying for an Arabic course?
On the open day they said the entry requirements were AAB, not ABB as listed on the website- and they also said that they accept only 30 people onto the course?? So yeah, I'm hoping to get an offer as I want to put it down as my firm. Does anyone know how lenient Leeds are on entry requirements?
Original post by Amandajjackson
Your friends Leeds got an offer for Law? Oh god, when did she apply?

She applied for English and I believe she submitted her application on 14th Oct, they got back to her very quickly!
Reply 79
Got my offer through from Leeds today for Chinese Studies! Also got my offers from newcastle and manchester----- speeeedy !!

Quick Reply

Latest