The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds - Applicants 2016 Entry

Hi everybody, may as well set this up as there doesn't appear to be one yet. Just fill in the template below.
Name:
GCSEs:
AS:
A2 subjects:
A2 (predictions or achieved):
Other:

I'll do mine,
Name: :tongue:
Course: Economics and Politics
GCSEs: A*A*A*AAAAABBBC
AS: ABBCC
A2 subjects: Maths, Further Maths, History
A2 Predicted: AAB
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Name: ?
Course: Economics and French
GCSEs: 5A*s 6As
AS: AAAb (French Economics Religious Studies history)
A2 subjects: French Economics RS
A2 (predictions or achieved): A* A* A predicted
Other: Really hoping the lack of a level maths won't be a problem :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by wiseLAD
Name: ?
Course: Economics and French
GCSEs: 5A*s 6As
AS: AAAb (French Economics Religious Studies history)
A2 subjects: French Economics RS
A2 (predictions or achieved): A* A* A predicted
Other: Really hoping the lack of a level maths won't be a problem :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

As long as you have A at GCSE (which you appear to) I think you'll be fine.
Name: Becky
Course: Geography
GCSEs: A*AABBBBBC
AS: ACDE (obviously resitting to hopefully get ABB in my A2 subjects) (lol i feel so inferior compared to everyone on tsr)
A2 subjects: geography, history, sociology
A2 (predictions or achieved): ABB
Other: eligible for a2l :~)
Reply 4
Name: Mia
Course: BA Management
GCSEs: 2A* 6A 2B
AS: AABB (A in General too :colondollar:)
A2 subjects: Business Studies, Drama & Theatre Studies, Government & Politics, History & General Studies
A2 (predictions or achieved): AAAB (A in General) UCAS projections. My school targets are all A's but that won't ever happen
Other: Received an acknowledgement email today saying it will take 2 to 4 weeks for a response. I went to both open days in June, but slightly worried as they said they don't really want to take people on with 4 A2's for business related courses. So we will just have to wait and see :smile:
Reply 5
Name: Lucy
Course: History and Ancient History
GCSEs: 11x A*
AS: AABB
A2 subjects: History, French and German
A2 (predictions or achieved): AAA
Other: Really hope that they won't think it's weird that I want to do History and have two languages :/
Reply 6
Course: Medicine
GCSEs: 10A*s 3As
AS: AAABBC (Biology, chemistry, maths, history, critical thinking, and creative writing)
A2 subjects: Biology, chemistry, and maths
A2 (predictions or achieved): AAA
Other: :h:
Reply 7
Wow, everyone so far did history at AS and 4 still do it.
Reply 8
Original post by United1892
Wow, everyone so far did history at AS and 4 still do it.

I was always told by my school that History sets you up very well for uni if you want to do a BA, or show another side to you if you apply to a Bsc :tongue:

I do love a bit of History :biggrin: But I could never do it at degree level!
Reply 9
Original post by miacat
I was always told by my school that History sets you up very well for uni if you want to do a BA, or show another side to you if you apply to a Bsc :tongue:

I do love a bit of History :biggrin: But I could never do it at degree level!

It is a good course to do, and it's really enjoyable. I nearly did History and Politics but changed my mind. What bits do you do? :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
It is a good course to do, and it's really enjoyable. What bits do you do? :biggrin:

At AS we did Unification of Italy 1820-1872, Unification of Germany 1848-1890, and Ireland 1870-1920. At A2, we do Russia 1861-1961 for coursework and Germany 1900-1945 for the exam. Bit obscure I know!
How about you?:bigsmile:
Original post by miacat
At AS we did Unification of Italy 1820-1872, Unification of Germany 1848-1890, and Ireland 1870-1920. At A2, we do Russia 1861-1961 for coursework and Germany 1900-1945 for the exam. Bit obscure I know!
How about you?:bigsmile:

They sound quite good actually. The Ireland bit would be interesting. I'm doing similar with Russia now and Germany last year.

British political history 1906 to 1951 and Anti-Semitism and the Holocaust at AS. British Political History 1951 to 2007 and Russia 1894 to 2005 (coursework) at A2. :smile:
Course: Environment and Business
GCSEs: 3A*s 7As
AS: AABB ( English , Geography , Business studies { 1 mark off A :/ } , History )
A2 subjects: Geography , Business Studies , History
A2 (predictions ): A*AA ( not sure I'll get that though ....)
Other: Scared I won't meet requirements for course AAB
Course: Aviation Technology and Management
GCSEs: 5A*s, 4A, 1C
AS: ABBB (Maths,Physics,Geography,Business Studies respectively, 1ums off an A in Geography :frown:)
A2 subjects: Maths, Physics, Geography
A2 (predictions ): AAA
Other: I'm absolutely terrified! I'm so dead set on Leeds, its the only uni in the country which offers such course :frown:, just gotta work extremely hard this year so I stand a chance of getting in.:s-smilie:

*UPDATE
Managed to pull my grades up to AAA at A2, and got accepted onto my chosen course at Leeds!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by speed1✈️✈️
Course: Aviation Technology and Management
GCSEs: 5A*s, 4A, 1C
AS: ABBB (Maths,Physics,Geography,Business Studies respectively, 1ums off an A in Geography :frown:)
A2 subjects: Maths, Physics, Geography
A2 (predictions ): AAA (resitting Unit 1 Physics and Unit 1 Geography, and possibly C1, just to increase my maths UMS)
Other: I'm absolutely terrified! I'm so dead set on Leeds, its the only uni in the country which offers such course :frown:, just gotta work extremely hard this year so I stand a chance of getting in.:s-smilie:

Your just like me I'm so set on Leeds because it is the only place that does the Environment and Business course and I loved it so much on the open day ! Let's hope we get in !
Original post by dougiepurple
Your just like me I'm so set on Leeds because it is the only place that does the Environment and Business course and I loved it so much on the open day ! Let's hope we get in !

Same! I went there for open day last June and loved it so much, the staff, lecture halls, labs, flight simulators and the city as whole were amazing and far exceeded expectations.

I'm just terrified about whether I can achieve the entry requirement grades for my course (AAA):frown: I don't have a proper back-up plan. I don't want to study "similar" courses such as aerospace engineering/avionics or air transport management. Salford offers an almost identical course to what I want, but their entry requirement is like CCD or CDD, but they'll probably let people in with Es and Us as well:colonhash: and the student satisfaction and job prospects are obviously no where near as good as Leeds, so I'm definitely not prepared to go there!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Name: Calvin
Course: Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering
GCSEs: 3A*, 6A, B
AS: Maths and Physics - A, Further Maths and Psychology - B
A2 subjects: Maths, Physics, Further Maths
A2 (predictions or achieved): A*A*A
Other: The only doubt in my mind is that I have not yet seen the facilities... if they're a bit aged then I may be put off. The lecture hall I sat in was. Other than that it is the most impressed I have been with a uni so far!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
They sound quite good actually. The Ireland bit would be interesting. I'm doing similar with Russia now and Germany last year.

British political history 1906 to 1951 and Anti-Semitism and the Holocaust at AS. British Political History 1951 to 2007 and Russia 1894 to 2005 (coursework) at A2. :smile:

So jealous of the british political history! That's my favourite part of history :biggrin:
Original post by miacat
So jealous of the british political history! That's my favourite part of history :biggrin:

Mine to :biggrin:, although I hope none of the questions are on Thatcher or Blair because otherwise there's going to be a lot of ranting in them.
Original post by speed1✈️✈️
Same! I went there for open day last June and loved it so much, the staff, lecture halls, labs, flight simulators and the city as whole were amazing and far exceeded expectations.

I'm just terrified about whether I can achieve the entry requirement grades for my course (AAA):frown: I don't have a proper back-up plan. I don't want to study "similar" courses such as aerospace engineering/avionics or air transport management. Salford offers an almost identical course to what I want, but their entry requirement is like CCD or CDD, but they'll probably let people in with Es and Us as well:colonhash: and the student satisfaction and job prospects are obviously no where near as good as Leeds, so I'm definitely not prepared to go there!

I totally get you , any similar courses I've found aren't quite like the Leeds one and the entry requirements are really low . But this means my backups have had to be a joint honours in geography and business , unfortunately all the entry requirements are the same AAB so I haven't got a proper backup plan . Everyone I know has 5 choices but I only have 3 at the moment and I've literally searched everywhere for other courses I might like .

I want to go to a 'good' university and this course it exactly what I want it to be !

Quick Reply

Latest