The Student Room Group

Maths Ccea GCSE

I already know that you sit a T3 and T4 exam, and they take the best result but why can you get an A in T4 and it has more marks, but yet it is still out of 45% the same as T3?
Reply 1
Original post by bslevin
I already know that you sit a T3 and T4 exam, and they take the best result but why can you get an A in T4 and it has more marks, but yet it is still out of 45% the same as T3?

it looks that not many people from Northern Ireland frequent this room.
I wish I could help but I do not know much about CCEA GCSE.
Well first of all, normally you do not sit both T3 and T4 during your GCSEs. In my own school we either did T3 or T4 in Year 11, in which you could only get a B or an A respectively as your highest grade. The reason for this is that T3 is much easier than T4, and is worth less UMS (IIRC you can only get 143 UMS or something random like that) and so as T4 has more content you can achieve an A*, and after sitting T6 you can achieve an A*.

If you only do T3, but you do exceptionally in this (like full UMS, which is easier than you think) you can just scrape the A boundary in the over all GCSE is you also do well T6 (notice I did not say you would have to do exceptionally).

Both T3 and T4 are only worth 45% because they are both the "initial GCSE modules" i.e you do them first, and T6 is the "completion exam" i.e you need to do this one to complete the GCSE.

Does that sort of answer your question?

Quick Reply

Latest