The Student Room Group

What is the hardest thing you've ever done?

It can be anything!

Perhaps it was school (education) related...
Perhaps it was overcoming the death of a loved one...

What was the most mentally and physically challenging thing you've ever done?

Scroll to see replies

This probably isn't the hardest thing I've ever done, but last year I went on a field trip with college to the French Alps, and we had to travel there by coach (approximately 24 hours there and 24 hours back non-stop travelling). I didn't know anyone else going so I had no one to talk to, and during the fieldwork I often struggled to keep up because of my asthma, and I got really bad sunburn.

It was mentally challenging because I didn't know anyone, I was worrying about when we'd next be able to stop and use the loo etc, and I was generally starting to go a little crazy being stuck in the same position for so long. If I didn't have music with me, I think I may have gone insane :biggrin:

It was also physically challenging as my back and legs really hurt from being in the same position on the coach for hours on end, and I didn't manage to sleep at all during the coach journeys there and back.

I was incredibly glad to get home after that :h:
this is gonna sound lame but spanish GCSE, it was so hard for me (in before 'spanish is easy') and i had to work at it so hard to get a good grade :h:
Going to court and facing the bastard who ruined my job, my uni, career prospects and friends I was slowly making and my mental health.

For what he caused me now he deserves a life sentence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Say goodbye to my best friend for the last time.

It was a really **** day.
Probably securing my summer internship. I was in a really ****ty place mentally at the time, was getting rejection after rejection and really didn't think I was going to get anything. Then in May a global company decided to take a chance on me and it was amazing, and as a bonus I made so many friends at the same time! It was really hard to pick myself up time and time again but I'm really glad I did. To think it's time to start all that shenanigans again for a real life grown up job!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I once had really really bad constipation and had to do the most impossible poop of my life. Quite a bit of blood came out.
Reply 7
Getting over my 'social anxiety'.

I think after a very very very long time of being nervous in public and social situations, I can honestly say now I am as comfortable as I have ever been. It's taken soooo many years to get through this but it was absolutely worth it :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
A girl from the local boxing club. She's pretty but she's hard as nails, could beat up any bloke from around here.
Reply 9
Fruit picking in Australia. By far the most physically and mentally exhausting time of my life.
Reply 10
It was going to my Nannas funeral, I knew if I didn't go I wouldn't have to face her passing and wished so hard I could take the easy way out, but I forced myself to go and I was right, it was the hardest thing I've ever done.
Well, my degree was pretty challenging.

However, the most challenging (and rewarding) thing that I've done led to a black belt in Taekwondo :biggrin:
Going to Japan for 11 months to live in a host family when I was 16(by choice). Had a great time out there.
Watching my best mate get beaten into the pavement and not being able to do anything about it...
Original post by Duwsh
It was going to my Nannas funeral, I knew if I didn't go I wouldn't have to face her passing and wished so hard I could take the easy way out, but I forced myself to go and I was right, it was the hardest thing I've ever done.

Funerals are never easy buddy, only way to get closure though. Kind of a necessary evil..
Original post by Miss_mischy
Going to Japan for 11 months to live in a host family when I was 16(by choice). Had a great time out there.

Always dreamed about doing that!! What was the best bit???
Original post by EquityResearch
It can be anything!

Perhaps it was school (education) related...
Perhaps it was overcoming the death of a loved one...

What was the most mentally and physically challenging thing you've ever done?

Researchin equities for ma MD
Original post by Anonynmous
Researchin equities for ma MD

Ah , not 99 prayer ? That **** costs a fortune.
Waking up at 6am on the weekend

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest