The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Testmed
Has anyone else received an interview offer but not had it updated on track? My track shows nothing but I can see the interview in the KCL portal

Interview don't show up on Track. It only changes when you get an offer/rejection (i think!) .
Hey guys, hope the interview prep is going well! I'm currently swotting up on the King's course structure and struggling a bit! My understanding is that Year 1 of A102 is the effectively same as Year 1 and 2 of A100 combined, however the A102 course details talks about Phase 1 and 2, with two strands, whilst this isn't mentioned on A100. The A100 page is considerably more detailed than A102, but I don't want to get the wrong end of the stick. Is anyone else a bit confused?
Original post by LilithSternin
Hey guys, hope the interview prep is going well! I'm currently swotting up on the King's course structure and struggling a bit! My understanding is that Year 1 of A102 is the effectively same as Year 1 and 2 of A100 combined, however the A102 course details talks about Phase 1 and 2, with two strands, whilst this isn't mentioned on A100. The A100 page is considerably more detailed than A102, but I don't want to get the wrong end of the stick. Is anyone else a bit confused?

the a102 is essentially years 1+2 combined. phase 1 is what first years do in the first term like an 'intro to stuff' then phase 2 then rungs for the rest of year 1 and 2 covering all the preclinical medicine.
Basically we are on the A100 except we do years 1+2 at the same time and essentially sit in on all the lectures that the normal 5 year course do, but you sit different exams at the end of the year. Then you join the normal common year 3 (aka GPEP year 2)
Original post by lcsurfer
the a102 is essentially years 1+2 combined. phase 1 is what first years do in the first term like an 'intro to stuff' then phase 2 then rungs for the rest of year 1 and 2 covering all the preclinical medicine.
Basically we are on the A100 except we do years 1+2 at the same time and essentially sit in on all the lectures that the normal 5 year course do, but you sit different exams at the end of the year. Then you join the normal common year 3 (aka GPEP year 2)

Thanks!
Reply 44
Just wanted to give you guys a reminder to scan and send your IDs and degree certificates to the apply portal thing :smile: Totally forgot and just sent mine in

Best of luck tomorrow!
Reply 45
Been on the train for 3 hours already. Looking forward to seeing any of you in the 11:15 group.
Anyone in the 1.15 group today? Hope it's going well for everyone!
Original post by Clunkles
Been on the train for 3 hours already. Looking forward to seeing any of you in the 11:15 group.

I was in that group! How did you find it?
Reply 48
Original post by cyberchibii
I was in that group! How did you find it?

'Ard. It was alright, couple of bits tripped me but overall okay. You?
Original post by Clunkles
'Ard. It was alright, couple of bits tripped me but overall okay. You?

Initially I thought it was okish (apart from one station which I completely messed up) but I've been thinking more and more about bits and now I feel like I probably did pretty badly in most of it :frown:
Reply 50
Original post by cyberchibii
Initially I thought it was okish (apart from one station which I completely messed up) but I've been thinking more and more about bits and now I feel like I probably did pretty badly in most of it :frown:

M8 :frown:
I was in the 1.15 group. On the far left group as you went in the room.

Wasn't too bad. Miles better than Warwick, I though. Much nicer people haha.
Original post by Alexdaman93
I was in the 1.15 group. On the far left group as you went in the room.

Wasn't too bad. Miles better than Warwick, I though. Much nicer people haha.

I totally agree with this! Everyone at King's was so friendly.

Does anyone else come out of interviews utterly exhausted? I've come home and I'm totally shattered!
Original post by LilithSternin
I totally agree with this! Everyone at King's was so friendly.

Does anyone else come out of interviews utterly exhausted? I've come home and I'm totally shattered!

I had a 2 hour nap. I feel it was justified after two interviews in two days! (Well technically 12 mini interviews- that's a lot of first impressions!!)

I thought the MMIs at Kings were much better than at Warwick. The stations seemed a lot more relevant and designed to make you come across better. I'm disappointed that there were no current students there though- I had a few questions to ask!!
Original post by SummerSunshine
I had a 2 hour nap. I feel it was justified after two interviews in two days! (Well technically 12 mini interviews- that's a lot of first impressions!!)

I thought the MMIs at Kings were much better than at Warwick. The stations seemed a lot more relevant and designed to make you come across better. I'm disappointed that there were no current students there though- I had a few questions to ask!!

Yes. I was speaking to someone else who said they thought Warwick seemed to be trying to do an Oxbridge, and make it difficult to see how you react. Kings seemed to be designed to help you show off, whereas I don't think that was the case at Warwick. I agree though, disappointed not to have any current students to chat with.
Original post by Alexdaman93
Yes. I was speaking to someone else who said they thought Warwick seemed to be trying to do an Oxbridge, and make it difficult to see how you react. Kings seemed to be designed to help you show off, whereas I don't think that was the case at Warwick. I agree though, disappointed not to have any current students to chat with.

Thats because all the Kings students are on placement/exams at the moment. I'm currently on the GPEP at Kings (albeit in my 3rd year) if you have any questions
Reply 56
Original post by lcsurfer
Thats because all the Kings students are on placement/exams at the moment. I'm currently on the GPEP at Kings (albeit in my 3rd year) if you have any questions

Hey, have you found the course and workload manageable/enjoyable. And also did you get to do dissections?

Thanks for your help and good luck with your exams!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Hi guys, I just happen to be in London today and thought I'd have a look at where my interview will be so I know what I'm doing but I didn't think to get the instructions of where it is before we left. Could anyone tell me where the interviews are being held?
Original post by elzw
Hey, have you found the course and workload manageable/enjoyable. And also did you get to do dissections?

Thanks for your help and good luck with your exams!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was hell for the first year TBH, i came from a completely non-science background so i struggled. but i got there in the end but it took a lot of work in the 2nd and final term so my social life suffered a lot haha. But as long as you work hard throughout the year its fine, I enjoyed it as a small year group so you get close with everyone.

Then after the first year you join the general cohort in the common 3rd year (start of clinicals) so you are just a normal med student from there for the last 3 years! Clinics is so so much better than the first GPEP year.
yeah you do dissection twice a week approx i think, i enjoyed it alot as thats the type of learner I am. But some people didn't find it useful.
Original post by kj0511
Hi guys, I just happen to be in London today and thought I'd have a look at where my interview will be so I know what I'm doing but I didn't think to get the instructions of where it is before we left. Could anyone tell me where the interviews are being held?

Guy's Campus, Hodgkin Building was where Friday's interviews were. The campus is right opposite Guy's Hospital, and the nearest tube station is London Bridge.

Latest

Trending

Trending