The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hello! I'm also applying for A102 at King's. Where are your other choices? :smile:
Hey, I'm applying too :smile: Planning to send my UCAS off in the next few days.
Reply 3
Original post by LilithSternin
Hello! I'm also applying for A102 at King's. Where are your other choices? :smile:

Barts, Newcastle and Southampton.
Got a 747.5 UKCAT so I think Soton is probably my best shot. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clunkles
Barts, Newcastle and Southampton.
Got a 747.5 UKCAT so I think Soton is probably my best shot. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a great UKCAT! I'm applying to Bart's, Newcastle and Warwick with 737.5. Hoping to get my UCAS sent off this week, but I can't decide whether or not to wait for the UKCAT info coming out on the 9th before I send it.
Reply 5
That's a great UKCAT! I'm applying to Bart's, Newcastle and Warwick with 737.5. Hoping to get my UCAS sent off this week, but I can't decide whether or not to wait for the UKCAT info coming out on the 9th before I send it.

I can't apply to Warwick because of their work experience requirements. Got a lot of personal stuff with friends which I hope will stand me in good stead at Southampton :wink: so basically mine are the only ones I could apply for feasibly - I sent mine off on the 16th!
I think the average will have dropped this year but we'll see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clunkles
I can't apply to Warwick because of their work experience requirements. Got a lot of personal stuff with friends which I hope will stand me in good stead at Southampton :wink: so basically mine are the only ones I could apply for feasibly - I sent mine off on the 16th!
I think the average will have dropped this year but we'll see.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gosh, I hope you're right about the average dropping, I have my heart set on Newcastle as it's home for me and such a good uni but I'm not sure my UKCAT will be high enough. Southampton looks great!
Reply 7
Gosh, I hope you're right about the average dropping, I have my heart set on Newcastle as it's home for me and such a good uni but I'm not sure my UKCAT will be high enough. Southampton looks great!

Well DA was allegedly harder this year, and QR easier, so we'll see how it balances out. Ncl was my first choice in sixth form, but I'm not really fussed where I go now, as long as there's a PMQ at the end of it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how applications are processed once they in the top 25% of UKCAT scores?
Reply 9
Original post by Natha_Lite
Does anyone know how applications are processed once they in the top 25% of UKCAT scores?

other academic requirements and personal statement i think?\it just states they look at everything after the 25% ukcat thing..
Original post by eemooz
other academic requirements and personal statement i think?\it just states they look at everything after the 25% ukcat thing..

Does anyone know roughly how many interviews go out for the A102 programme?
Reply 11
I think about 60, for 40 offers for 28 places or something like that
Original post by Testmed
I think about 60, for 40 offers for 28 places or something like that

Aha didn't realise is was so few! I'm glad they consider interviewees for the A100 course though.
I applied to King's with some blind optimism that my 705 would actually be competitive this year :-D good luck everyone.
Original post by Quilverine
I applied to King's with some blind optimism that my 705 would actually be competitive this year :-D good luck everyone.

lol same boat with 717.5. I know it's wishful thinking but it's my dream uni. Just hoping that by some miracle, the cut-off drops dramatically this year and we get a chance
Hello, going to make this thread resurface since some interview invites went out today!!

I'm at 10:15 on the 8th, anyone else?

Good luck to anyone still waiting to hear!
8th at 1.15pm. Do we know how many interviews and how many offers are usually made? Always like to know the odds...

Hope to see some of you there!
Original post by sampowell92
8th at 1.15pm. Do we know how many interviews and how many offers are usually made? Always like to know the odds...

8th at 1.15pm too mate! See you there!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sampowell92

Also 8th at 1.15pm :smile:
Reply 19

Latest

Trending

Trending