The Student Room Group

A level options

If I choose A level maths, art, psychology and sociology as a fourth subject, am I keeping my options open for university?
Have you any idea what you'd like to do at university? You have got a good variety of subjects (maths, creative, coursework and essay based) and there are lots of different careers you could do with these subjects, if you were to change a subject I would change psychology or sociology as they show very similar skills. However having lots of variety may limit you if the choices are fairly random. I would look into some things that you might like to do and look at the requirements so that you don't miss out! :smile:
Original post by zeyaraa
If I choose A level maths, art, psychology and sociology as a fourth subject, am I keeping my options open for university?

Definitely keeping your options open with these! Maths and Psychology are often classed as Science subjects by universities. But as Violet said, also consider what you want to do in the future.

Btw, I study Sociology and Psychology at A2. I love them both but Psychology is very hard! Although it may fit in well with Maths because the new course has a higher percentage of Maths in.

Quick Reply

Latest