The Student Room Group

Best university for midwifery

Okay so I'm applying to study Midwifery at university next year and I was wondering if someone could help me out as to what is the best uni to apply for to study midwifery?
Original post by zoetremain
Okay so I'm applying to study Midwifery at university next year and I was wondering if someone could help me out as to what is the best uni to apply for to study midwifery?

You could look at statistics from The Guardian and stuff, but these won't tell you which university is best for YOU! That's the important thing. Because the best uni in the country, won't necessarily be the best one for you. (On the subject of statistics, ignore the good employment statistic that all universities will throw at you - in courses like midwifery there are always good employment opportunities)

The NMC regulate all the degrees, so they're likely to be fairly similar wherever you go. I'm a newly qualified children's nurse - many of my colleagues who have qualified at the same time as me all studied at different universities, but the level of our knowledge and clinical experience is very similar - showing that the university we studied at doesn't particularly matter.

Go and visit some universities and choose where you think you will be most happy and settled :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending