The Student Room Group

Top universities?

Hi guys, I am currently looking into different universities and I am kind of stuck between quite a few of them.
I studied Maths, History, Economics and Psychology in AS and got AAAB in that order. (2 marks off an A in Psychology, getting it remarked!). My predicted grades are A*A*A*. (dropped Psychology)
The unis that I am looking into are Cambridge, Warwick, Nottingham/Bath/Bristol, York/Manchester.
I would really really love to apply to UCL as well, but I am an international student, so I don't have any student bursaries and my family cannot really afford the cost of living in London. I am not sure if the great financial burden of living in London is worth a degree from UCL. (I mean if I really wanted to they would still let me, just that I would have to live off beans and toast every meal which makes life a bit harder.)
Another thing is that I feel a bit inadequate to be applying to Cambridge. My best 3 subjects have 96 UMS in average, but the lack of Further maths and other things that distinguish me from other candidates with similar academic profile puts me at a pretty great disadvantage. So I am just thinking if I should bother applying.
Under such a circumstance, which combination would be the best bet for me?
Thank you very much for any advice, all of them are highly appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending