The Student Room Group

University Scholarships?

I was just wondering which Universities give out scholarships and what for? (Russell group only :tongue: ) I've heard that some give them to people who have grade 8 in an instrument, or if you put them as your firm choice and get specific grades. Which universities do these? (I want to do modern languages by the way)
Original post by cakeislife
I was just wondering which Universities give out scholarships and what for? (Russell group only :tongue: ) I've heard that some give them to people who have grade 8 in an instrument, or if you put them as your firm choice and get specific grades. Which universities do these? (I want to do modern languages by the way)

I'm not aware of any complete list of unis that do this, so you'll need to research it yourself.

Make sure you also have a look at bursaries, which are based on household income, and can give £3000 per year guaranteed.

Don't let it sway your choices too much - if the uni you like has scholarships or bursaries that you're eligible for it's a bonus feature, but you shouldn't make your decision based on money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Scholarships are usually offered for either low income or high grades. You'll have to search yourself to find them. there may be a few choral scholarships but you need more than grade 8 piano for that
Reply 3
I've already applied, I'm more wondering if there are any applicable to my choices
Original post by cakeislife
I've already applied, I'm more wondering if there are any applicable to my choices

this has most of the scholarships that might be available to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending