The Student Room Group

Is she too old?...

So I'm talking to someone online on a dating website. I'm a 24 year old guy (just 24) and the girl I'm talking to is 30. I don't know yet if I actually like her yet, I'm just a bit concerned that's quite a big difference in age...

I always think far ahead... I can't help it, and I thought when I'm 30 she'll be 37, almost 40!

What do you guys think? Would you date someone that much older than you at my age, just a normal girl?
Reply 1
Seems a pretty reasonable age gap considering you're 24 imo
Average age gap lol
Age is just a number :tongue: well once you're in your 20's anyway...
The older someone is, the more "wear and tear" they would've suffered. As such, she probably won't be much fun for a young guy like yourself.
That doesn't sound like a massive age gap to me.
You're old enough for an age gap like that to be acceptable. I see no problems with it, but what could be an issue is simply what you both want from life right now. She's 30 and probably would want to have children and get married. She might not be interested in either things but most people around those ages are.
I would be massively uncomfortable with this, there's a guy I know that is 18 and I'm 25, he has a thing for me and it makes it easier for me that I don't find him attractive but I enjoy his company as a friend, but I would find it so awkward dating someone younger than me, let alone 7 years.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm talking to someone online on a dating website. I'm a 24 year old guy (just 24) and the girl I'm talking to is 30. I don't know yet if I actually like her yet, I'm just a bit concerned that's quite a big difference in age...

I always think far ahead... I can't help it, and I thought when I'm 30 she'll be 37, almost 40!

What do you guys think? Would you date someone that much older than you at my age, just a normal girl?

Observe, comply, and copulate.
(edited 8 years ago)
I have a rule no older than 5 years more than me. Which is pretty reasonable given I'm 28.
If it's that much of an issue then don't go along with it. She isn't the only women left in the world.
Original post by Novascope
You're old enough for an age gap like that to be acceptable. I see no problems with it, but what could be an issue is simply what you both want from life right now. She's 30 and probably would want to have children and get married. She might not be interested in either things but most people around those ages are.

Original post by Anonymous
I would be massively uncomfortable with this, there's a guy I know that is 18 and I'm 25, he has a thing for me and it makes it easier for me that I don't find him attractive but I enjoy his company as a friend, but I would find it so awkward dating someone younger than me, let alone 7 years.

These are the issues for me... that we're both in different stages of our lives. I'm not sure what I'm looking for at the moment (having not had a proper relationship yet) whereas she is probably looking to settle down, being 30.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending