The Student Room Group

Buying gifts for significant other in a new relationship?

She has been my friend for a few years (we weren't very close until a few months ago) and we started dating in July. Her birthday is this November, I'd like to get her a gift but is there such a thing as buying gifts too early?

I don't think there is and I think it's a nice gesture, but I don't know.. I'd just like some opinions if possible. Thank you.
No not really. Did you buy her gifts before you got together?
Reply 2
Original post by phunky_fresh
No not really. Did you buy her gifts before you got together?

No because we weren't very close, she lived far away so we only talked maybe once every one or two weeks. Now she lives closer to me, and we're in a relationship so we talk everyday and it would just feel weird to buy my family their Christmas presents as I usually do, and not get her anything.
No I don't such thing exist
Of course get her something!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
No because we weren't very close, she lived far away so we only talked maybe once every one or two weeks. Now she lives closer to me, and we're in a relationship so we talk everyday and it would just feel weird to buy my family their Christmas presents as I usually do, and not get her anything.

Buy her a gift then :smile:
Bouquet of flowers works every time, trust me.
Maybe take her out somewhere special rather than get her a gift or do something thoughtful. I can't explain the amount of times I'd rather get something like a homemade card rather than a generic bath set or a gift card

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Dont just get her a gift take her to her favourite restaurant. anyone can buy a gift but it takes heart to really plan things... dont just get her any gift, find out what she really loves but wouldnt expect, the surprises touches are always welcomed with the biggest hearts. Make a true effort and she will always be thankfull of jusy what you done for her.
Either meccano or haggis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending