The Student Room Group

Is an offer for Natural Sciences realistic with a 775?

Hello TSR,

I currently have a projected score of 41, with a 775 in Physics HL, Math HL, and Chemistry HL respectively. I'm thinking of applying for the Physics program, but what chance do I have? I haven't seen many offers with a 5 in HL, even if the total score is relatively good...
Original post by Kosuke
Hello TSR,

I currently have a projected score of 41, with a 775 in Physics HL, Math HL, and Chemistry HL respectively. I'm thinking of applying for the Physics program, but what chance do I have? I haven't seen many offers with a 5 in HL, even if the total score is relatively good...

They do say they want you to get 776 in your HL and apparently they barely ask for 777 because that's too hard but I don't know what your chances are...

As for me, I'm applying with a 40 prediction 776 which is on the lower bound of the entry requirements but my tutor who went to Cambridge herself keeps emphasising that I'm in a strong position because I'm really passionate about my subject. So I guess as long as your passion shines through in your PS they would interview you and if that goes well, they may give you a 776 offer... :smile:

May I ask which subject you got the 5 in?
Reply 2
Thanks for the advice! I received my 5 in Chemistry, and so I manage to maintain 7s in my primary subjects (Physics and Math).
Then I think you're good to apply! Well done on that 7 in Maths (SO JEALOUS! got a 6 in maths)!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending