The Student Room Group

Carol Ann Duffy - Words Wife A/s Notes

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Thanks Beth, it helped a lot! I had some contrasting points but almost zero similarities.

Also, your notes on the other three poems are GREAT!! :biggrin:
Reply 41
Kay6927
Thanks Beth, it helped a lot! I had some contrasting points but almost zero similarities.

Also, your notes on the other three poems are GREAT!! :biggrin:

Thanks! :biggrin:
Glad to be of help!
molly08
hey guys.

could anyone tell me the 'deeper meaning' behind "The Devil's Wife"?
Thanks x

it's about Myra and Brady Hindley. Search up their story and you'll find the connections. Duffy is the poet Laureate so she writes about important events in the country.
Reply 43
kissesareyellow
it's about Myra and Brady Hindley. Search up their story and you'll find the connections. Duffy is the poet Laureate so she writes about important events in the country.

It must be interesting to get answers almost two years and a half later than when you really wanted it!

:p:
Reply 44
Any notes on Thetis? Structure and Language analysis would be helpful...
Reply 45
Original post by Charlot
Any notes on Thetis? Structure and Language analysis would be helpful...

I posted this earlier in the thread, don't know if you saw?
Let me know if you need it in a different format.

:smile:
Original post by The Boosh

Original post by The Boosh
or some chuck norris

I joined this website just to like that comment.
She's just a massive lesbian.
Reply 48
Does anyone know how chaos is shown in every stanza in Medusa by Duffy
Original post by GlitteryFairy

Original post by GlitteryFairy
To the above post, I really don't think you can necessarily make that assumption, particularly in an essay because although there are very clear parallels to her relationship and perhaps desire to gain access to an elite male literary world, Duffy has said that the collection is not autobiographical... you can speculate but you can't say that that was definately what she is describing because she has never confirmed that... I just wouldn't write that it was about that relationship in an essay

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/7692436/Carol-Ann-Duffy-interview.html

i know this thread was done ages ago, but in the interview she did confirm it was based on her relationship
hey, I have my AS re-sit on thursday this week and my lovely school thought it would be helpful to provide us with blank text books and no revision guides/notes :s-smilie: this is the only place i've found any notes and they are brilliant so if you have any more on any of worlds wife or any others incl. (lizzie, six, education for leisure, eley's bullet, boy, shooting stars, dear norman, whoever she was or girl talking) it would be so helpful, you would be a life saver... :colondollar:
Reply 51
Original post by beechey2012
hey, I have my AS re-sit on thursday this week and my lovely school thought it would be helpful to provide us with blank text books and no revision guides/notes :s-smilie: this is the only place i've found any notes and they are brilliant so if you have any more on any of worlds wife or any others incl. (lizzie, six, education for leisure, eley's bullet, boy, shooting stars, dear norman, whoever she was or girl talking) it would be so helpful, you would be a life saver... :colondollar:

Hallo there :smile:

Don't know if you've seen this before - it's the teachers guide to the poems in "The World's Wife" from teachit.co.uk. There's good notes on all the poems, and it helped me a lot during exam revision. Hope it's of use to you!
Reply 52
Hey guys, I know this thread is quite old but I'm currently studying 'The World's Wife' for A2 Level and my question is on the power shift between men and women. I was wondering if there was any poems you could reccommend for me which suits this theme!

Thanks so much in advance :smile:

Quick Reply