The Student Room Group

Newcastle Graduate Entry A101 2016

Hello! Anyone else applying here? I've been reading the A100 thread, but thought it'd be nice to have a dedicated GEM thread for Newcastle :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi, do you have any idea what the UKCAT cut off is likely to be
Reply 2
Original post by blackraven

899 :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blackraven

I'm afraid not - 2013 was 725, 2014 was 767.5. We can't really make any real kind of guess until the UKCAT information comes out tomorrow, but even that is speculation.
Reply 4
It wasn't 767.5 last year cos I got (way) less than that and I had an interview!
Absolute minimum is 725 at Newcastle from what I recall.
Reply 5
I got 2990, think that'll be enough...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by outpokn
It wasn't 767.5 last year cos I got (way) less than that and I had an interview!

Oh that's really interesting, thanks for posting on here! That gives me hope for this year :smile:
Original post by Clunkles
I got 2990, think that'll be enough...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 2950 so I really hope so!
Reply 8
Original post by LilithSternin
I got 2950 so I really hope so!

I've decided I'll probably be happy with two interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by outpokn

Could I please ask what UKCAT you got an interview for Newcastle with last year, if you don't mind?
Reply 10
Anyone heard anything from Newcastle regarding acknowledgement of applications?

Nope

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a very generic email from the university (not medicine specifically) telling me they've received it.
Pretty limited by my A Levels so I applied to Newcastle but I very much doubt they'll lower the cutoff below last year with averages going up a little from 2014. I will definitely try again for Newcastle next year if I don't have any luck this year.
I received an acknowledgement email from Newcastle which included that interviews will be mid-November to late February for medicine, so I emailed asking if A101 was within that entire time period.

"Thank you for your email.
A101 interviews will be held on 11, 12, 13 January 2016 and 24 and 26 February 2016."

Eeeek - one of those dates is my birthday!! :s-smilie:
Reply 16
Anyone know if you can be considered for the five year programme if not successful for GEM?
Original post by MMS2015
Anyone know if you can be considered for the five year programme if not successful for GEM?

I don't think that's the case, no.
Original post by MMS2015

There may be a lower UKCAT cutoff for the 5 year course but you would have needed to apply to both the A100 and A101.

I think it may only be Kings that give 5 year places to grads that narrowly miss an offer for the 4 year programme (based on interview performance). Those that are made a 5 year offer are also on the wait list for any places that come up on the 4 year.
Reply 19
Original post by Quilverine
There may be a lower UKCAT cutoff for the 5 year course but you would have needed to apply to both the A100 and A101.

I think it may only be Kings that give 5 year places to grads that narrowly miss an offer for the 4 year programme (based on interview performance). Those that are made a 5 year offer are also on the wait list for any places that come up on the 4 year.

Thank you! I knew I'd heard of that somewhere. Newcastle is the only 4 year program I've applied to though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending