The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by olliecat
Hey Ellen!

How active would you say the Student's Union is? And are the societies within it actually really proactive and doing things too? It's sort of been a deal-breaker for me making choices because I want to get really involved.

Ollie

Hi Ollie,

Our Student's Union is very active, with it actually winning the NUS Students' Union Award in 2015! We have loads of societies (over 80), ranging from sport societies to creative societies such as the juggling society and the knitting society.

Our sport societies are very popular! We take part in the varsity every year with Nottingham University, and lots of people go and support the teams! Also, there is a day dedicated to matches (Wednesday) where the teams go and compete with other universities, and afterwards they have their fancy dress bar crawl ending in Ocean (a student-only club).

Also our Students' Union building is one of the best! It has gym and sport facilities, a costa cafe, and a three-storey bar which is great for the club event that our SU hosts on a Saturday! They also hold comedy club events as well as hosting a quiz night, and lots of other events throughout the week.

Have you looked at our NTSU website? I'll link it down below, but it has all the information about upcoming events/our representatives and any opportunities that are coming up. So I'd recommend having a quick look before making your decision:

NTSU

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Lulu1609
Are offers coming out this week ?

Hi Lulu1609,

As of the end of this week, Admissions will start to go through students applications. However this is a very busy time for admissions, so if I'm honest it is pretty unlikely you will hear from them this week. Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks you should hear from us.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen
Thank you for your quick answer!

Do you know if they look through the applications in the order they came in? I sent mine off on 25th September
Thank you for your quick answer!

Do you know if they look through the applications in the order they came in? I sent mine off on 25th September

Hi Lulu1609,

There are some variables that may delay them processing some application as quick as others (for example, if they are inviting you for an interview, for a creative portfolio etc.) However, the admissions team do usually look through the applications in the order they receive them.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thanks,

Ellen
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi kingsoflondon,

Unfortunately I personally don't know anyone who does this commute. However, there is a bus service that runs every 20 minutes between Brackenhurst and Nottingham City Centre which takes about 45 minutes. Also, for that bus you can get a discounted bus pass because you are a NTU student, so it works out not too expensive!

If you are planning to drive, please be aware there is not a lot of car parking spaces available in the city centre (especially free ones) so, if possible, look for accommodation that comes with a parking space.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen

Thanks Ellen!

Does the Brackenhurst campus have a high street or some shops nearby or would the city centre be the closest place for shops?
Original post by kingsoflondon
Thanks Ellen!

Does the Brackenhurst campus have a high street or some shops nearby or would the city centre be the closest place for shops?

Hi kingsoflondon,

Within the Brackenhurst campus there is a little campus shop that you can get a few bits and bobs from (such as bread and milk). However if you want to shop for groceries, there is a town very close to Brackenhurst campus called Southwell which has a Co-op that you can do a proper shop in.

If you mean high-street shops such as Boots or Primark, then I would say Nottingham is probably the closest place for those sort of shops.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

Ellen
Hi Ellen,

Do you know anyone who is on the primary education course? I am sending my application off to that tomorrow and have already sent off for Childhood studies- do you know anyone on that course? Also, have admissions sent out any offers yet (I need to really stop refreshing my emails all the time haha)

Thanks!
Hi Ellen,

Do you know anyone who is on the primary education course? I am sending my application off to that tomorrow and have already sent off for Childhood studies- do you know anyone on that course? Also, have admissions sent out any offers yet (I need to really stop refreshing my emails all the time haha)

Thanks!

Hi Lulu1609,

Unfortunately I don't know anyone on the Primary Education course, I do have a friend of a friend who does Childhood Studies and I believe they do enjoy it! I would recommend having a look at our student profiles for these courses, as well as the WhatUni reviews to see what people think. I have attached them below:

Primary Education Student Profiles

Primary Education WhatUni Reviews

Childhood Studies Student Profiles

Childhood Studies WhatUni Reviews

Aah I hate that feeling. I remember refreshing my emails constantly as well! Applications are being processed very soon. At the moment, as I'm sure you can appreciate, the Admissions team are very busy - but they will get back to you as soon as they can!

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen
Do universities care where you place them on your ucas application? Will placing someone last make them less likely to give me an offer?
Original post by Lord Kitchener
Do universities care where you place them on your ucas application? Will placing someone last make them less likely to give me an offer?

Hi Lord Kitchener,

Don't worry, the admission's teams decision is not at all affected by where you put NTU on your application.

Thanks,

Ellen
Hi Ellen!

Got an interview for primary ed and an offer for childhood studies! Yay!!
Reply 31
I havent had a acknowledgement email yet and i applied on the 20th October for secondary science education, is this anything to worry about?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Ellen!

Got an interview for primary ed and an offer for childhood studies! Yay!!

Hi Lulu1609,

Congratulations!! When is your interview? If you need any tips/advice let me know!

Thanks,

Ellen
Original post by hollyrw
I havent had a acknowledgement email yet and i applied on the 20th October for secondary science education, is this anything to worry about?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi hollyrw,

I'm sure there is nothing to worry about, but just to check what has happened, do you mind private messaging me your full name and date of birth? (Please don't post it on this thread!)

Thanks,

Ellen
Hi Lulu1609,

Congratulations!! When is your interview? If you need any tips/advice let me know!

Thanks,

Ellen

16th Dec! Thank you and I will!
Reply 35
Hi hollyrw,

I'm sure there is nothing to worry about, but just to check what has happened, do you mind private messaging me your full name and date of birth? (Please don't post it on this thread!)

Thanks,

Ellen

Hiya! Just got an email offering me an interview, just never had an acknowledgement email... Strange huh but oh well :smile:

Holly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello, I have applied for two different courses at NTU, one asking for 280 UCAS points and the other asking for 300. I was just wondering if I would be able to put the one asking for 300 UCAS points as my firm and the one asking for 280 as my insurance both to study at NTU? Or can I not put my firm and insurance choice at the same university. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Danielleeeeeee
Hello, I have applied for two different courses at NTU, one asking for 280 UCAS points and the other asking for 300. I was just wondering if I would be able to put the one asking for 300 UCAS points as my firm and the one asking for 280 as my insurance both to study at NTU? Or can I not put my firm and insurance choice at the same university. Thanks :smile:

Hi Danielleeeeeee,

You can put the same university as your firm choice and insurance choice. I wouldn't recommend doing this if the courses had the same entry requirements but as yours are different and, as long as you are dead set on NTU, I say go for it!

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen
Hey Everyone! I've found a group set up for us all on FB and I thought I’d share it with you! Here’s the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1089772001057178/
Reply 39
I am thinking of doing an International Business with Spanish Degree at NTU and at the open day they mentioned that there are limited spaces for this course. What could I do to make myself stand out ?

Latest

Trending

Trending