The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jacqui.97
Hi Ellen,
I have a question about accommodation. I have received a conditional offer from NTU and its my firm choice. I know that the booking system goes live on 16th March. Ideally I would like to be in either Byron or Gill Street South- do you suggest a certain time to book the accommodation as I know Byron and Gill street sell out really quickly.

Hi jacqui.97,

My advice would be to book it as soon as you can! Both Gill Street South and Byron sell out really quickly! Booking usually opens around 7 am - 9 am on Wednesday 16 March (I'm afraid I can't give you a specific time), so I would recommend booking around then to increase your chance of them not being sold out.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ellen
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
I've booked a room in block F of Byron (flat 6), but I've just read on the accommodation website that block F is for mature students -- does this mean that I'll be with older students?
I don't have a problem with it, I just want to know. I'm just worried I've made a mistake, I'd much rather be with people my age!! 😩

Thank you!! 😊😊❤️
Original post by lottiepie
I've booked a room in block F of Byron (flat 6), but I've just read on the accommodation website that block F is for mature students -- does this mean that I'll be with older students?
I don't have a problem with it, I just want to know. I'm just worried I've made a mistake, I'd much rather be with people my age!! 😩

Thank you!! 😊😊❤️

Hi lottiepie,

Can I ask are you a mature student (21+)? As mature flats only show to mature students, so if you are younger than this the option to book a mature flat wouldn't be available to you.

If you do want to be with 18+ students, I would recommend emailing the accommodation team at:

[email protected]

However, currently Byron is now full, so I don't think swapping would be available at this time.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi Guys,

My name is Ellen, I'm 20 years old, I study Business Management and Marketing and I am currently on my placement year as a Marketing Assistant at Nottingham Trent University.

If any of you are thinking/considering on going to NTU and have any questions on the university life, any of the three campuses, or Nottingham city in general, please let me know here and I will try my hardest to answer!

I am usually on TSR between 9 am - 5 pm Monday - Thursday, and 9 am - 4.30 pm on Friday, so If you have any questions on the weekends, I will try answer them Monday morning!

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Thanks,

Ellen

Hi,
I have booked the halls in Blenheim, as the other ones I wanted were gone, and I have only just found out that it is in a very rough area. Having never lived in a rough area myself, both myself and my parents are very anxious about me living there! Please would you be able to tell me honestly what it is like from a students perspective living there or if you have been told anything from friends etc if you didt live there? Also, I have heard that Nottingham is not the safest of places, but have you had any problems in your time there? Thanks
Original post by weatherill
Hi,
I have booked the halls in Blenheim, as the other ones I wanted were gone, and I have only just found out that it is in a very rough area. Having never lived in a rough area myself, both myself and my parents are very anxious about me living there! Please would you be able to tell me honestly what it is like from a students perspective living there or if you have been told anything from friends etc if you didt live there? Also, I have heard that Nottingham is not the safest of places, but have you had any problems in your time there? Thanks

Hi weatherill,

St Ann's often does get a bad rep, but in my opinion, it personally isn't as bad as it is made out to be! Unfortunately in every inner city suburb there will be a bit of crime, however as long as you are sensible and don't walk home by yourself at 3 am in them morning, you shouldn't have a problem!

I personally haven't ever heard anything bad about Blenheim, except maybe a few people complaining about having to walk up the big hill with their shopping bags! Blenheim is really convenient for shops with their being an Aldi at the bottom of the hill, and Victoria Centre in between Blenheim and the city site.So you don't have to go out of the way to get a few essentials on your walk back to uni!

I am from rural Northumberland (which is in the middle of nowhere) and I didn't have much experience of cities and city life before moving to Nottingham. However I can honestly say I have never felt unsafe in Nottingham. Everything is so close by and convenient in Nottingham, and their are big spaces in Nottingham (with the Arboretum and the Market Square) so I don't feel squished. Nottingham has had a lot of money put in it and it really shows! (It feels like a new restaurant is opening every week!)

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions

Thanks,

Ellen
Hi, I have firmed my offer and am hoping on booking accommodation. Do I need to have received an email or letter before I can book it because I don't have a password to log in? Also I've heard accommodation sells out fast, do you know which halls still have places? Thank you!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Princessh
Hi, I have firmed my offer and am hoping on booking accommodation. Do I need to have received an email or letter before I can book it because I don't have a password to log in? Also I've heard accommodation sells out fast, do you know which halls still have places? Thank you!

Hi Princessh,

You should receive an email a couple of days after you have firmed us, with your personal id (your 'n' number) so you can create a password and book your accommodation.

Currently, the Maltings, Meridian Court, New Hall and Peverell are still available to book.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Im also Byron block F! Im 20 but turn 21 the first week of freshers so i come under 'mature students' :/ how old are you?

Original post by lottiepie

Thank you!! 😊😊❤️
Hi I wanted to know if the private accomodations life is really different from the accomodation in halls? As i'm a first year student (fresher) and im kind of worried i'll be missing out on loads of stuff since i'm going into private accomodation because all the halls are fully booked. whats the difference between the accomodations?
Original post by Miri1234
Hi I wanted to know if the private accomodations life is really different from the accomodation in halls? As i'm a first year student (fresher) and im kind of worried i'll be missing out on loads of stuff since i'm going into private accomodation because all the halls are fully booked. whats the difference between the accomodations?

Hi Miri1234,

It all depends on which private hall you have chosen I'm afraid!

If I am honest, a lot of the one's that are mentioned on TSR are the popular ones among Fresher's. The most popular private student halls will have a very similar student life than the NTU student accommodation, but unfortunately I can't guarantee it will be identical!

There may be a few "perk's" or details that you may have to double check before booking your private halls , such as whether the Fresher Crew go to your halls. I do know that some of the Fresher Crew go to the popular private halls, so maybe when booking ask if that has happened in the past in your halls? It will be a good indicator on whether some of the Fresher Crew will be going this year.

A few other things I would double check before booking private halls, just to make sure you have covered yourself:

- Check you're not held in a contract if you don't meet the grades of your offer
- Check that there's pastoral support available to offer you help if you need it
- Check that you'll be placed with first years
- Check that your first term's rent is not due before you receive Student Finance

I hope this helps, and if you have any more questions just let me know! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Hi Miri1234,

It all depends on which private hall you have chosen I'm afraid!

If I am honest, a lot of the one's that are mentioned on TSR are the popular ones among Fresher's. The most popular private student halls will have a very similar student life than the NTU student accommodation, but unfortunately I can't guarantee it will be identical!

There may be a few "perk's" or details that you may have to double check before booking your private halls , such as whether the Fresher Crew go to your halls. I do know that some of the Fresher Crew go to the popular private halls, so maybe when booking ask if that has happened in the past in your halls? It will be a good indicator on whether some of the Fresher Crew will be going this year.

A few other things I would double check before booking private halls, just to make sure you have covered yourself:

- Check you're not held in a contract if you don't meet the grades of your offer
- Check that there's pastoral support available to offer you help if you need it
- Check that you'll be placed with first years
- Check that your first term's rent is not due before you receive Student Finance

Thanks,

Ellen

Thank You very much for your help,
you mentioned to check if i'll be placed with first years, how would i check that?
Original post by Miri1234
Thank You very much for your help,
you mentioned to check if i'll be placed with first years, how would i check that?

Hi Miri1234,

No problem, I would personally give them a ring/email and ask if they put first years together. Some private halls do, while others don't.

I hope that helps, and let me know if you have any more questions! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Hi Miri1234,

No problem, I would personally give them a ring/email and ask if they put first years together. Some private halls do, while others don't.

I hope that helps, and let me know if you have any more questions! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen

Thank you,
because i've applied to the glasshouse accommodation :smile:
Reply 73
Hi Guys,

My name is Ellen, I'm 20 years old, I study Business Management and Marketing and I am currently on my placement year as a Marketing Assistant at Nottingham Trent University.

If any of you are thinking/considering on going to NTU and have any questions on the university life, any of the three campuses, or Nottingham city in general, please let me know here and I will try my hardest to answer!

I am usually on TSR between 9 am - 5 pm Monday - Thursday, and 9 am - 4.30 pm on Friday, so If you have any questions on the weekends, I will try answer them Monday morning!

Thanks,

Ellen

Hey Ellen,
Would you be able to tell me what the differences are between the architecture course and the interior architecture and design, apart from the obvious haha!
Original post by Ronhaar
Hey Ellen,
Would you be able to tell me what the differences are between the architecture course and the interior architecture and design, apart from the obvious haha!

Hi Ronhaar,

No problem, I got in contact with the School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment and here is what they had to say about these two courses:

Spoiler

I hope the above has helped to clarify the difference between the courses, but I would also recommend having a look at the course pages on the NTU website, as they will be able to give you more information about modules/ contact hours etc. I'll leave the links of the two course pages below:

Interior Architecture and Design
Architecture

Thanks,

Ellen
what is the admissions email?
Original post by lbrooksbank
what is the admissions email?

Hi lbrooksbank,

Admissions email address is: [email protected]

Let me know if you have any more questions! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Hi Ellen,

I firmed up my unconditional offer yesterday so it looks like Im pretty set to join NTU in September.

Im just looking to book accomodation, as a mature student I quite liked the look of the quiet life on College Drive. Although I saw there are budget rooms and normal rooms. Can you tell me what the difference would be? I had a look at the accomodation details but they werent very specific. (Also I hope there are some left! :P)

Thanks

Matthew

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matthew Thomas
Hi Ellen,

I firmed up my unconditional offer yesterday so it looks like Im pretty set to join NTU in September.

Im just looking to book accomodation, as a mature student I quite liked the look of the quiet life on College Drive. Although I saw there are budget rooms and normal rooms. Can you tell me what the difference would be? I had a look at the accomodation details but they werent very specific. (Also I hope there are some left! :P)

Thanks

Matthew

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Matthew,

Congratulations on your unconditional offer! If you have any questions about Nottingham or Clifton campus just let me know! :h:

The difference between the budget rooms and the standard rooms in College Drive is that the budget rooms are slightly smaller than the standard rooms. I believe there are rooms still available in College Drive at the moment!

I hope this helps, and if you have any more questions let me know!

Thanks,

Ellen
Hi Guys,

Thanks,

Ellen

Hi Ellen,

I am hopefully moving into Byron in September. Where can I park whilst I unload my car?

Thanks Mimi

Latest

Trending

Trending