The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi Guys,

My name is Ellen, I'm 20 years old, I study Business Management and Marketing and I am currently on my placement year as a Marketing Assistant at Nottingham Trent University.

If any of you are thinking/considering on going to NTU and have any questions on the university life, any of the three campuses, or Nottingham city in general, please let me know here and I will try my hardest to answer!

I am usually on TSR between 9 am - 5 pm Monday - Thursday, and 9 am - 4.30 pm on Friday, so If you have any questions on the weekends, I will try answer them Monday morning!

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Thanks,

Ellen

Hi Ellen,

I recently decided that i want to study at NTU but the problem is i put NTU as my insurance and another uni as my firm choice. How would i go about changing this.

Thanks,
Anita
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Hi Ellen

I was searching the NTU website and found no information whatsoever about Induction Week for undergraduates. Can you provide me with information on this?
Reply 82
Hi Ellen , how are you ?
I've recently booked my accommodation at Global Point as i'm an international student and i've been searching the forums for any info about them accommodation and i found none :s-smilie: , so if you please can you give me some info about Global Point accommodation and where are they located and how far will they be ?i'm studying BSc Computer Systems Networks , also can you tell me the difference between NTU and NTIC as in teaching ...etc ? because as i understand i'll be moved to NTU after my first year at NTIC and i'd very grateful if you can link me to FB group of International students 2016 as i'm moving next Sep :smile:

Thanks
Reply 83
Hi so I'll be studying at Clifton Campus this year but I'm too late on booking accomodation since it's all full in clifton. The only options I have left according to the NTU website is the maltings and meridian court and I'm not too fond of either. Are there any places left in any of the city centre accomodations?
Original post by mimimills4
Hi Ellen,

I am hopefully moving into Byron in September. Where can I park whilst I unload my car?

Thanks Mimi

Hi Mimi,

Sorry for the late reply, I have been away on holiday :h:

You will receive a parking slot outside your accommodation so you can unload your car (The fresher crew will also help!). I believe this is only for a short period of time and you will receive details on when your slot is and how long for nearer to the time.

You will then have to move your car to another car park, but there are many in the city and if you ask one of the Fresher Crew someone will be happy to point you in the right direction. Personally, I would recommend the Trinity Square or Victoria Centre car parks as they are a very short walk to the City Site (however they do charge for parking there).

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions just let me know :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Original post by cathzeta10
Hi Ellen,

I recently decided that i want to study at NTU but the problem is i put NTU as my insurance and another uni as my firm choice. How would i go about changing this.

Thanks,
Anita

Hi Anita,

Sorry for the late reply, I have been away on holiday.

What I would recommend doing is calling UCAS first, to double check that it is not too late to do this, they will then tell you what the next steps will be to get this swapped (it may mean calling your firm choice and our admissions teams).

The UCAS number for UK undergraduates is: 0371 468 0468

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Original post by tiagotheweirdo
Hi Ellen

I was searching the NTU website and found no information whatsoever about Induction Week for undergraduates. Can you provide me with information on this?

Hi tiagotheweirdo,

Sorry for the late reply, I have been on holiday :h:

I'm afraid the timetables for induction week in September 2016 are not yet on our website. However, more information should be coming up onto the website in the next month or so.

You will also be receiving a Starting At NTU guide, which will give you more information on how to enrol, what to expect when arriving, and more information on the Induction Week.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen
Original post by Ahmed_93
Hi Ellen , how are you ?
I've recently booked my accommodation at Global Point as i'm an international student and i've been searching the forums for any info about them accommodation and i found none :s-smilie: , so if you please can you give me some info about Global Point accommodation and where are they located and how far will they be ?i'm studying BSc Computer Systems Networks , also can you tell me the difference between NTU and NTIC as in teaching ...etc ? because as i understand i'll be moved to NTU after my first year at NTIC and i'd very grateful if you can link me to FB group of International students 2016 as i'm moving next Sep :smile:

Thanks

Hi Ahmed_93,

I'm great thank you, sorry for the late reply, I have been on holiday. :h:

I'm afraid I am not entirely familiar with the Global Point accommodation so I won't be able to tell you much about it, as this is private halls and not managed my NTU's Accommodation team. I did do a quick google to see where it is located, and it seems to be located near Maid Marian Way which is in the city centre and close to our city cite (5/10 minute walk).

The difference between Nottingham Trent University (NTU) and Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC) Is that NTIC helps prepare international students looking to study a degree at NTU.

Teaching is very similar to that at NTU, but you will have extra (enhancement modules) in things like British society and culture, study skills, and mathematics and information communication technology.

We do have an International students Facebook group which I have linked to below for you to have a look at:

International Students Facebook Group

I hope this helps, and if you have any more questions just let me know!

Thanks,

Ellen
Original post by peedrap
Hi so I'll be studying at Clifton Campus this year but I'm too late on booking accomodation since it's all full in clifton. The only options I have left according to the NTU website is the maltings and meridian court and I'm not too fond of either. Are there any places left in any of the city centre accomodations?

Hi peedrap,

I'm afraid that, at the moment, the only NTU accommodation we have available is rooms in our Maltings and Meridian Court residences. All our other residences (both on the city site and Clifton campus) are fully booked.

I'm sorry I couldn't be anymore of a help, let me know if you have any more questions! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Reply 89
Would you be able to look at this question I posted please? Thanks :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4199329
Original post by Kayb14
Would you be able to look at this question I posted please? Thanks :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4199329

Hi Kayb14,

I have answered over there! Remember, don't make any hasty decisions! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Reply 91
Will there be a freshers ticket which will get you into all of the events, or should I be buying the tickets that are being advertised on Facebook?
Original post by Ctam202
Will there be a freshers ticket which will get you into all of the events, or should I be buying the tickets that are being advertised on Facebook?

Hi Ctam202,

If you are a starting Nottingham Trent University in September 2016, you will automatically receive a free Fresher's wristband once you have complete enrolment. This will get you into the majority of events during Freshers (apart from events where you have to book). There is also a Freshers plus wristband you can buy as well, which gives you added benefits, such as queue jump for certain events.

A lot of the events advertised on Facebook may not be apart of the Nottingham Trent's official Welcome Week, so be careful when looking!

I hope this helps, but if you have any more questions just let me know :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Reply 93
Hi Ellen!
I have made NTU my insurance but I've recently had to remove Arts Award off of my UCAS application and was wondering if I needed to and if so how I would go about informing the relevant people at NTU about this change before results day! TIA :smile: X
Original post by IzzyM98
Hi Ellen!
I have made NTU my insurance but I've recently had to remove Arts Award off of my UCAS application and was wondering if I needed to and if so how I would go about informing the relevant people at NTU about this change before results day! TIA :smile: X

Hi IzzyM98,

I would give admissions a ring at: +44 (0) 115 848 2894 and they should be able to help! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Reply 95
Hello I'm starting in September, I have only just received my offer, when would I be able to get a time table of the days as I have to put my son in nursery and make sure he is settle in before hand and also how do I get my uni I'd card.
About fresher week what should I type in on Facebook to look up events and how can I find more information about the wrist bands.
Many thanks Kerrie X
Hi I'm starting ntu in September and staying in byron, I booked a single bed room but I would like to change it to a double, is it too late now to do that?
Original post by s0fialove
Hi I'm starting ntu in September and staying in byron, I booked a single bed room but I would like to change it to a double, is it too late now to do that?

Hi s0fialove,

I am afraid we have no rooms in Byron with a double bed, so you may have to stick with a single bed room.

If you have any more questions, just let me know! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Hi,
I have a place in Brackenhurst halls, and am consequently getting all the letters through about enrolling, and signing up for wifi etc. For the wifi, there is a free option and an extra cost option, but the differences are not very well explained on the website. would you be able to explain to me what the differences are and whether you think it is worth going for the upgrade? also, does the free one only allow you to connect a limited number of devices?
Also, brack halls have single beds, which is fine, but do you know what size single bed? (as i believe singles come in a couple of different sizes?)
One last thing... on the room list it says there is a notice board (blu & white tac only) does this mean it is not/ cannot be used as a pin board? and if not, do you think there might be somewhere ideal to hang a pin board?
Thanks for your help!
Nikki
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ping-Pong98
Hi,
I have a place in Brackenhurst halls, and am consequently getting all the letters through about enrolling, and signing up for wifi etc. For the wifi, there is a free option and an extra cost option, but the differences are not very well explained on the website. would you be able to explain to me what the differences are and whether you think it is worth going for the upgrade? also, does the free one only allow you to connect a limited number of devices?
Also, brack halls have single beds, which is fine, but do you know what size single bed? (as i believe singles come in a couple of different sizes?)
One last thing... on the room list it says there is a notice board (blu & white tac only) does this mean it is not/ cannot be used as a pin board? and if not, do you think there might be somewhere ideal to hang a pin board?
Thanks for your help!
Nikki

Hi @Ping-Pong98

I'm afraid I can't talk in experience about the extra cost option for the Wi-Fi, I stuck with the free option and don't remember having an issue with multiple devices. I would imagine that the advantage is higher speeds.

The beds in Brackenhurst rooms are 3' x 6' ft. I didn't stay in Brackenhurst so I couldn't tell you about pin boards, I'm afraid. It might be worth contacting the accommodation team or a halls management contact (if you've received one) if it's a burning question!

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions
Tim

Latest

Trending

Trending