The Student Room Group

How do I stop thinking about my boyfriend's past?

I met my boyfriend online 9 months ago. We were suppose to meet irl back then but he cancelled at the last minute with a lame excuse. A month later he approached me again admitting that he was seeing another girl back then. I was still hurt by what he did so I told him that I only wanted to be friends with him. We texted for months until he asked me out again, which I accepted. This have been fantastic since then. He always tells me that I am beautiful, smart, fun, caring, that I am the best girl he ever met and that he never wants to love anyone but me.

However being my insecure self I can't stop thinking about how he chose that other girl over me back in time. When we were just friends he was raving about that girl so much (especially about how hot she was) that it made me feel like **** at times. Also I found some posts he made on an online forum, it seems like he was very obsessed with that girl whereas he saw me more like a back-up option. This makes me feel really sad even though I have his word that he has no feelings whatsoever for that girl now and he even said I am prettier and smarter than her (although I kinda forced him to say that). How do I stop having these insecure thoughts pop into my head?
If your boyfriend ever cheated on you. I would suggest you to look for another boyfriend. Your way to precious. Never tolerate this behaviour from silly men. There are plenty of men who will treat you good and not cheat on you. If you're interested in a relationship. Kindly pm me.
Reply 2
Original post by YHWH.YOLO
If your boyfriend ever cheated on you. I would suggest you to look for another boyfriend. Your way to precious. Never tolerate this behaviour from silly men. There are plenty of men who will treat you good and not cheat on you. If you're interested in a relationship. Kindly pm me.

wtf did you read my post?? He didn't cheat on me, he would NEVER do such a thing. When he was seeing that girl he hadn't even met in irl.
Original post by Anonymous
wtf did you read my post?? He didn't cheat on me, he would NEVER do such a thing. When he was seeing that girl he hadn't even met in irl.

You mentioned: My boyfriend praises me by calling me: beautiful, smart, fun, caring, that I am the best girl he ever met and that he never wants to love anyone but me.

And then you said: However being my insecure self I can't stop thinking about how he chose that other girl over me back in time.
Isn't this called cheating? or am I crazy? Either you are to insecure. Or your boyfriends treats you cheap. A great boyfriend will never look else and prioritise you over any woman on earth. Right?
Reply 4
Original post by YHWH.YOLO
You mentioned: My boyfriend praises me by calling me: beautiful, smart, fun, caring, that I am the best girl he ever met and that he never wants to love anyone but me.

And then you said: However being my insecure self I can't stop thinking about how he chose that other girl over me back in time.
Isn't this called cheating? or am I crazy? Either you are to insecure. Or your boyfriends treats you cheap. A great boyfriend will never look else and prioritise you over any woman on earth. Right?

When he chose that girl we had been merely texting for a week without having met irl. If you aren't committed to someone then dating other people isn't considered cheating.

Right now I am just dwelling in the past and resenting the fact that he preferred the other girl BACK THEN even though he renounces his decision now and gives me his full love and affection. You are right; I am just too insecure and I should stop before my attitude starts damaging our relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending