Visit website

University of Southampton Applicants for 2016

Scroll to see replies

I'm pretty sure they do. Someone I know applied for medicine there
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Going to risk applying for an A*AA course with predicted grades AAB, originally AAA :/ lord help me
Got and offer to go geography :smile:
Original post by Theonej98
Got and offer to go geography :smile:

Well done!
What were your predicted grades and what were the entry requirements?
Original post by particlestudent
Well done!
What were your predicted grades and what were the entry requirements?

I'm applying to Physics, anyone know if they tend to invite people for interview at all? Got one from Manchester and was wondering if other places did the same?
Original post by IIEquinoxII
I'm applying to Physics, anyone know if they tend to invite people for interview at all? Got one from Manchester and was wondering if other places did the same?

For Electronics they've invited me to an open day with an 'informal interview'.
Original post by CuriosityKTMC
For Electronics they've invited me to an open day with an 'informal interview'.

Oh cool, maybe you'll get an unconditional offer if it goes well? :biggrin:
Hi

Where from: Derbyshire
A2: BBC
Degree: 2.1 in Biomedical Science (0.4% off a first!!)
Courses applied for: Medicine A100 + A101
Where from: Leeds (but at University of Leicester)
AS/A2 subjects: Chemistry, Physics and Maths
AS/A2 grades: A*AB
Degree: Biological Sciences (Physiology with Pharmacology) pred. 1st
Course applying for: Graduate Medicine
Reason: Great medical programme, integrated with other specialities. Also, two national parks on the doorstep (New Forest and South Downs) and I miss nice countryside when I'm at uni, so that'll be nice.
Oh cool, maybe you'll get an unconditional offer if it goes well? :biggrin:

I exceed the required grades so I'm hoping that it's the case, but then again it is the best rated electronics course in the country so it would be a little surprising (in a very good way) to get an unconditional
I exceed the required grades so I'm hoping that it's the case, but then again it is the best rated electronics course in the country so it would be a little surprising (in a very good way) to get an unconditional

Well I wish you the best :smile: Are you thinking of doing a year in industry or anything like that?
Well I wish you the best :smile: Are you thinking of doing a year in industry or anything like that?

I'm certainly considering it, although I'll have to wait until I get there to see if I still want to do it. Really want to get an electronics scholarship because the money would be so useful.

The interview day was a specific ECS day (my A*A*A*A mech eng applicant friend hasn't heard anything and he's basically ideal student material), so they'll probably do a different one for other subjects, and I'm sure you'll be fine for that :smile:
Going to risk applying for an A*AA course with predicted grades AAB, originally AAA :/ lord help me

Well, you've got to go for these things. When I went to a Southampton open day, they said they worked off the predicted grades, and they might go as low as AAB when making offers. You still have a chance.

Good luck :smile:
I'm certainly considering it, although I'll have to wait until I get there to see if I still want to do it. Really want to get an electronics scholarship because the money would be so useful.

The interview day was a specific ECS day (my A*A*A*A mech eng applicant friend hasn't heard anything and he's basically ideal student material), so they'll probably do a different one for other subjects, and I'm sure you'll be fine for that :smile:

Is Southampton in his top three choices? Because even though I know it is russell group, it doesn't seem very respected?
Hello, just updates my UCAS with Southampton as a choice!

Where from: India
AS grades (achieved): AAAB - maths, physics, english language and chemistry
A2 grades (predicted): A*A*A - maths, physics, chemistry.
Course applying for: MEng Civil and Environmental Engineering

Anyone know if they interview international applicants? Also, anyone with an offer yet?
Original post by TheGrammarGuru
Is Southampton in his top three choices? Because even though I know it is russell group, it doesn't seem very respected?

It's very, very good for Engineering (Guardian rates it's EEE course as better than Cambridge Engineering in all categories other than funding) so both of us are very much considering any offer we get from there as our firm choice.
It's very, very good for Engineering (Guardian rates it's EEE course as better than Cambridge Engineering in all categories other than funding) so both of us are very much considering any offer we get from there as our firm choice.

Ok. Thanks
Original post by bioeng98
Well, you've got to go for these things. When I went to a Southampton open day, they said they worked off the predicted grades, and they might go as low as AAB when making offers. You still have a chance.

Good luck :smile:

Thank you! :smile:

The main reason I am risking this is because a lot of people got AAB offers for this course. But thank you for telling me that!
Thank you! :smile:

The main reason I am risking this is because a lot of people got AAB offers for this course. But thank you for telling me that!

Which course are you applying for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending