The Student Room Group

Personal statement proof reading

Needs deleting
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by celiajacobs
I finished my personal statement and my teacher who went to cambridge university checked it, and then my head of sixth form checked it too and they both said that nothing needed changing. I'm a bit worried about this because surely there's always something that can be improved, and I don't want to send off an application that won't get me any offers. Can I have some advice please?

It sounds like you've done enough. I suppose you could send it to more teachers but if you've already had a lot of positive feedback then it's probably fine. Of course if you spend hours upon hours on it you'll come up with lots of different changes but you've really just got to say "enough's enough" at some point and just get it sent off, to allow you to focus on more important things. Your head of sixth form and teachers think it's good so I very much doubt that it's going to destroy your chances of getting offers!
You could always look at the advice on here (linked in my signature) to see if it fits in with that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending