The Student Room Group

BEng to MEng

Hi,

Basically I'm in my third year and want to change from BEng to MEng and my university will be fine with that however I'm not sure whether studentfinance will fund me for the extra year? Anyone got an idea?
Original post by Thechillyone
Hi,

Basically I'm in my third year and want to change from BEng to MEng and my university will be fine with that however I'm not sure whether studentfinance will fund me for the extra year? Anyone got an idea?

as you are staying at the same university and not graduating with a BEng first you will be fine
I think what jelly said was right. Student finance fund (I think) up to 4 years of the same course, you would be graduating with an MEng then.
What engineering subject do you study? Which university if you don't mind me asking
Original post by Air_wolf
I think what jelly said was right. Student finance fund (I think) up to 4 years of the same course, you would be graduating with an MEng then.
What engineering subject do you study? Which university if you don't mind me asking

It's length of course + 1 - previous years study.

The OP is classed as doing an undergraduate masters (I think that's what it's called) and not a second degree and then a masters, therefore, they can get funding in this situation.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jelly1000
as you are staying at the same university and not graduating with a BEng first you will be fine
you are right dear
Reply 5
Original post by OU Student
It's length of course + 1 - previous years study.

The OP is classed as doing an undergraduate masters (I think that's what it's called) and not a second degree and then a masters, therefore, they can get funding in this situation.

*also Integrated Masters. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jneill
*also Integrated Masters. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, so that's the proper name!
Reply 7
Original post by OU Student
Ah, so that's the proper name!

Interesting piece on their increasing popularity (mostly due to the easier funding as needed by the OP).

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/news/surge-in-popularity-of-two-in-one-degree-courses/2014853.article

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending