The Student Room Group

What is my Ethnicity? (UCAS)

I was completing my UCAS application and Im stuck on the 'Ethnic Origin' section.

Both my parents are Turkish, both born in Turkey, however I was born here - does that make me 'White' or 'Other'

(my skin colour is white)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by qwerty123A
I was completing my UCAS application and Im stuck on the 'Ethnic Origin' section.

Both my parents are Turkish, both born in Turkey, however I was born here - does that make me 'White' or 'Other'

(my skin colour is white)

your ethnic origin would be turkish but your nationality would be british (if you have a british passport).
Honestly, whichever you like - you don't even need to answer that question if you don't want to, and whatever you do say won't change in any way the consideration of your application. In fact, I believe that's hidden to the universities at any rate. But I think the question more refers to your ethnic identity; would you say that you're white? If so, put that; if not, put 'other' or something else.
Reply 3
Original post by u_s_e_r
your ethnic origin would be turkish but your nationality would be british (if you have a british passport).

Original post by SosbanFach
Honestly, whichever you like - you don't even need to answer that question if you don't want to, and whatever you do say won't change in any way the consideration of your application. In fact, I believe that's hidden to the universities at any rate. But I think the question more refers to your ethnic identity; would you say that you're white? If so, put that; if not, put 'other' or something else.

Thanks for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending