The Student Room Group

I got expelled from university, will I be able to go back?

dskd
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

What the heck did you do? O_O
It really depends on the reason why you have been expelled.
they wouldnt know you got expelled. when you apply on ucas you just put on your previous uni and that you withdrew.
Original post by arcenciel21
they wouldnt know you got expelled. when you apply on ucas you just put on your previous uni and that you withdrew.

My tutor told me that it would appear as I was expelled on my profile on UCAS...
Original post by s-miller
My tutor told me that it would appear as I was expelled on my profile on UCAS...

thats impossible, unis dont inform UCAS that you got expelled, lol. you just make a new ucas application, put your previous uni in your education section, the dates you attended and thats it.

Can anyone give me any advice please?

We need to know why did you get expelled.
Reply 7
What did you do?
Plagiarism, it was a really really stupid mistake.
Plagiarism, it was a really really stupid mistake.

well yeah that will make it harder if they ask why you left (they asked me) you'll just have to really emphasise that you've learnt your lesson if and it's not likely you get in they will be on their guard and be watching you like a hawk.

but on your UCAS form they won't know.
Original post by jonathanemptage
well yeah that will make it harder if they ask why you left (they asked me) you'll just have to really emphasise that you've learnt your lesson if and it's not likely you get in they will be on their guard and be watching you like a hawk.

but on your UCAS form they won't know.

even if they ask, she doesnt have to tell them. she can just say she withdrew from the course cause she didnt like it.
Isn't it better if I just tell them the truth and say it was just a big mistake instead of them finding out later?
Isn't it better if I just tell them the truth and say it was just a big mistake instead of them finding out later?

How would you feel if you didn't tell the truth but were found out after, say, two years of your course and thrown out given the financial implications let alone the moral ones.
You can do a degree at Open Uni, they don't check your academic background, qualifications or what's on your ucas or references.

The only pitfall is how are you going to pay your fee's? They do give you a monthly instalment option.

However, come clean, this was a very stupid mistake, say you learnt from it, will never do it again and you will not do it again because your career, finances are at stake.
(edited 8 years ago)

they are not going to 'find it out later'. the only way they could find it out is if they contacted your former uni and asked them about you and why you left. there's no way your new uni would do this, the only way they would find out is if your referee on your new ucas application was someone from your first uni. then obviously they would tell your new uni that you got expelled. so you cannot have a reference from your first uni

they cant even ask you for a certificate cause you dont get one if youve only completed first year. and unless you apply for a course which is the same or similar to the one you got expelled from, they wont care what grades you got
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ageshallnot
How would you feel if you didn't tell the truth but were found out after, say, two years of your course and thrown out given the financial implications let alone the moral ones.

why do you have to make up imaginary scenarios like this? its not even likely. there is no way they would find out two years after she has enrolled. are they going to randomly phone their former uni two years into her degree just to enquire about her previous performance? lol stop
You can try applying, and it's up to you whether you decide to lie if/when they ask why you left your previous course. As you've already seen, universities take plagiarism extremely seriously, and if it was serious enough to get kicked out then that would certainly raise questions in their eyes. You may be able to get in somewhere, I don't know, and if you do then I'm sure you won't be stupid enough to do the same thing twice.
Have you tried open university?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arcenciel21
why do you have to make up imaginary scenarios like this? its not even likely. there is no way they would find out two years after she has enrolled. are they going to randomly phone their former uni two years into her degree just to enquire about her previous performance? lol stop

OK, perhaps second year is a little improbable - first year is much more likely for any old skeletons to be discovered. However, I stick by my belief that the OP risks a disaster by not admitting to her past.

This belief is strengthened by the fact that she was previously studying a health care subject. I cannot abide dishonesty in professional people.
Original post by ageshallnot
OK, perhaps second year is a little improbable - first year is much more likely for any old skeletons to be discovered. However, I stick by my belief that the OP risks a disaster by not admitting to her past.

This belief is strengthened by the fact that she was previously studying a health care subject. I cannot abide dishonesty in professional people.

again, her new uni is not going to contact her old uni at any time, let alone AFTER she has already started her year

also 'cannot abide dishonesty in professional people' lol politicians must make u cry, lets not even mention tax cheating professional business people lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending