The Student Room Group

Was I too touchy-feely with my friend? Why would his body go all tense?

I'm thinking it could be one of two things: either he is shy or he is repulsed by me?

I am female and my male friend and I were chatting away and having a great time and I gave him a few light flirty pats on the back and he seemed fine with that and responsive too it. However later after a few drinks when we were huddled together dashing through the cold weather outside and I tried to slip my arm into his to link onto him, but his arm and whole body suddenly went really stiff so I moved my arm back away from him.

I feel a bit rejected and humiliated and I feel like I was too forward/out of the blue with him. If it makes any difference, a few of our other friends were present, and my friend is inexperienced with women. He is definitely heterosexual, in case you were wondering.

Later when I hugged him goodbye his body went stiff again. I have hugged him before in the past and it was fine. I do like him as more than a friend, but should I just move on to someone who would be more responsive to me?
Reply 1
Are you Medusa?
Reply 2
Why would we know? Ask him yourself.
Reply 3
Original post by Arkasia
Are you Medusa?

I laughed a bit too much at this. :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending