The Student Room Group

Constantly ill and tired since starting uni

Hello everyone,
Since starting uni I've been insanely busy. Mentally I've been enjoying it but physically it's taken its toll. I've been ill and getting worse (started off as a blocked nose now I'm coughing and feeling sick all night) ever since I started and I'm hardly sleeping at all. Is this normal?
Also, I got accepted into AIESEC. In light of the above should I email them to say I've changed my mind?
Original post by Nangnang
Hello everyone,
Since starting uni I've been insanely busy. Mentally I've been enjoying it but physically it's taken its toll. I've been ill and getting worse (started off as a blocked nose now I'm coughing and feeling sick all night) ever since I started and I'm hardly sleeping at all. Is this normal?
Also, I got accepted into AIESEC. In light of the above should I email them to say I've changed my mind?

It's a freshers flu so it'll go away sometime soon when the festivities begin to settle down.
See your doctor. If it's been going on for months there could be something in it. Equally there could not but best to check I reckon.
Reply 3
Original post by tehforum
It's a freshers flu so it'll go away sometime soon when the festivities begin to settle down.

The thing is I haven't been taking part in the festivities
Reply 4
Original post by beautifulbigmacs
See your doctor. If it's been going on for months there could be something in it. Equally there could not but best to check I reckon.

It's been going on weeks not months

But you would've come into contact with people who have.

Besides, what, specifically, are your symptoms?
Reply 6
Hello everyone,

Freshers flu. I got it and I didn't do any of the freshers stuff. It got into my flat via a fella who did go out. But if it lasts any longer, I would go to the GP just in case.

Just being at uni you can get freshers flu, its because lots of people and their germs are all mixing together, your stressed, possibly tired due to new routines and maybe not eating right

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest