The Student Room Group

DSA, claiming for paper

Hello, I have an alowance from DSA for paper and printer Ink. Im just wondering, if there are any recomendations?
Also any tips on claiming back?
Posted from TSR Mobile
It might be easier to claim back at the end of the year? That way, you're just making a claim, rather than 3 or 4 over the year.
Reply 2
Original post by Ella2b
Hello, I have an alowance from DSA for paper and printer Ink. Im just wondering, if there are any recomendations?
Also any tips on claiming back?
Posted from TSR Mobile

For paper, there was a link in the DSA assessors report, so I've used that. For ink the supplier of both my computer and printer put a link on my desktop that goes to a website I can get the correct ink for the printer from. I've just used what I've been given so I know I will get the right things. Did you get either of these?

Not attepted to claim it back yet but as I now have recived everything I will be doing soon.

Original post by OU Student
It might be easier to claim back at the end of the year? That way, you're just making a claim, rather than 3 or 4 over the year.

Depends how rich you are, I've spent like £100 on ink, (plus paper and overlays I can also claim back money for) and at some point like about December/January I will probably need that money for food before my next loan/grant comes in. And through the year if I keep buying more it will add up to even more so I was planning to do it in sections hopefully each term.
Reply 3
Just fill in a claims form, attach the receipts and send them to student finance, they will refund you the money that you spend. You can only claim for amounts over £10 though so if you spend less than that on paper, for example, you will need to save the receipts and claim it with something else later on.

Quick Reply

Latest