The Student Room Group

Deadline for my ucas is the 16th of oct and i havent started anything!!!!

PLEASE HELP ME,
I DONT kNOW WHAT CouRSE I WANT To do
whERE i WANT TO DO IT
I HAVENT GOt A REFREE
I HAVENT starteD MY PERSONAl STATEmENT
I HAvenT TALKeD To My TEACHERS BECAUSE I DONT kNOW WHAT TO DO
WHAT HaPPENS IF I DONT GET It iN ON TIME
WILL THE wOrLd END
PLeasE HELP mE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think the first thing you need to do is let the appropriate person know that you intend to apply to university. Now if you haven't decided what you're applying to then I'm guessing it's not for med/vet med/ dentistry and as long as you don't intend to apply to Oxbridge then you have until January to apply so don't panic!
Just take some time, attend some open days if you can and look into subjects which interest you. 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
This UCAS deadline is 15 Oct not 16.
This is only for Oxford and Cambridge, and for all degree courses in Medicine, Veterinary and Dentistry.
All other degrees have a closing date in JANUARY.
Original post by Segamad66
PLEASE HELP ME,
whERE i WANT TO DO IT
I HAVENT GOt A REFREE
WILL THE wOrLd END

Then take your A levels - get them out of the way and then decide during a gap year. Not rocket science. Paying £27000 to do a course you are not sure about is absolutely bonkers
Reply 4
guys, i know the deadline for medical stuff is the 15th BUT MY SCHOOL DEADLINE IS THE 16th, so they can check everything and get it sent by January.
Then clearly you have left it far too late for this year.

'Going to Uni' is not something you decide at the last minute and scribble-off an application over the weekend.

Suggest you step back, do your A levels and apply next year with a great deal more thought.
Reply 6
Original post by returnmigrant
Then clearly you have left it far too late for this year.

'Going to Uni' is not something you decide at the last minute and scribble-off an application over the weekend.

Suggest you step back, do your A levels and apply next year with a great deal more thought.

:acaila: also this being my final year at school, next year i wont have a job, or be going to uni, so what can i do? i cant get a job because i havent got a C in GSCE english and i have to wait till i get that.
(edited 8 years ago)
You shouldn't go to uni. You're not ready for it.
guys, i know the deadline for medical stuff is the 15th BUT MY SCHOOL DEADLINE IS THE 16th, so they can check everything and get it sent by January.

If you speak to the relevant staff at your school who handle UCAS applications and let them know that you're struggling with the process, they should be able to extend the deadline to give you enough time to decide. (I would hope so, anyway)

Far be it for me to decide what you want to do for you, but if you don't have any idea of what you want to do at uni, or where you want to go, then maybe applying for 2016 entry isn't the right choice for you. Maybe you'd be happier doing something else entirely. There's no point accumulating masses of debt if you don't have a burning desire to study the subject you take.

If you decide that you really do want to apply to uni, then I'm wishing you good luck and hoping your deadline is somewhat flexible - or you may just have to power through your application and take a few days off school to do it!

x

Calm down. Today, decide what course you want to do, that is the most important thing. Have you read any books? Met anyone? Like the look of any courses? Even if it's just your favourite A-Level subject. If you decide before the end of the college day, then find your teachers and ask them for a reference. If not, do it tomorrow. Tomorrow, ask for references if you weren't able to today. Also fill out UCAS (if you haven't already) with all previous qualifications, etc.

You then have until the 15th to focus on your PS. There's loads of help on here on that, and I'm sure your teachers would be willing to read over it for you - mine have for me :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Duncan2012
You shouldn't go to uni. You're not ready for it.

:rant::banghead:
PLEASE HELP ME,
whERE i WANT TO DO IT
I HAVENT GOt A REFREE
WILL THE wOrLd END

There's nothing wrong with not knowing what you want to do. I was the EXACT same, I stayed in school for another year of A Levels (in my third year of Sixth Form right now actually) and NOW i'm applying for Uni as I've finally found a course that feels right to me. You can still submit in January, just talk to your teachers! Or a teacher. Thats what I did, and I cried even, so there is nothing to feel stressed over. Personal statements can be done in a day if you know what you want to write or what you want to say, so push that out of your mind. There are atleast two Uni open days coming up before christmas, so just focus on going to them, writing down some courses that SOUND good, and then have a discussion with a teacher you trust. There's a course out there for everyone. But don't feel pressured into chosing a course, I know my teachers were appauled when some of my friends said they weren't going to Uni, but it's personal preference, there is NOTHING wrong with being uncertain or wanting a gap year to think about it.

What A Levels are you doing? thats a big help.

What did you get in your GCSEs and AS exams?

What is your favourite subject?

Do you have any ideas on what you'd like to do as a career?
As it is an internal deadline, explain to them the situation you are in. They will understand, and want you to make the best application you can, which you will not if you rush. They're also experienced at dealing with people who don't know what they want to do - you're not the first, and you definitely won't be the last!

If you don't get it in on time, the world will not end, you'll just take a gap year and apply next October, once you've decided what you want to do.

What did you seriously expect? You've done nothing to help yourself.

Troll or lazy - which one are you?
:acaila: also this being my final year at school, next year i wont have a job, or be going to uni, so what can i do? i cant get a job because i havent got a C in GSCE english and i have to wait till i get that.

Should you be applying to University without a C in GCSE English? Are you re-sitting?
Original post by Duncan2012
What did you seriously expect? You've done nothing to help yourself.

Troll or lazy - which one are you?

I agree OP has left it too late. I don't understand why his college deadline is in oct- mines in December ! I've also nearlly decided the courses I want to apply for.

OP I'd suggest you research on uni courses depending on the alevels/ BTECs you took. However , I think you'd end up picking the wrong course. Have you even done any work experience?

Good luck for the future :smile: just don't stress- ironic I kno
Original post by dontargue
Should you be applying to University without a C in GCSE English? Are you re-sitting?

I'd say stay back, resit your English, figure out what you want to do. Whether its apply to Uni, go into work, or travel. Take time to figure it out, or else you'll just be stressed until next July when you get your results. Trust me. But just talk to someone!

Usually u have to pass Eng before applying? However , I kno some of my mates are retaking Eng and are applying for Unis
Reply 19
Original post by Uz25
Usually u have to pass Eng before applying? However , I kno some of my mates are retaking Eng and are applying for Unis

You can apply and then pass the relevant English test - it doesn't have to be the other way round.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending