The Student Room Group

EPQ: Searching for a definition of the key concept in my project (politics)?

I'm writing my EPQ on the subject of the far right, and other than Wikipedia (which I can’t reference) I've found very little in terms of actually defining what 'far right' really means. I've read articles from a variety of different viewpoints, but I still haven't come across anything I can directly reference. I don’t have access to the articles referenced on the Wikipedia article, and even the ones I can get links to have very little relevant information. Some of the books/journals etc. referenced cost hundreds of pounds and I can’t seem to access them in any other way.

It isn’t that I personally don’t understand what the far right is, but I’m struggling to actually find a concrete definition or book/web article that explains it, which I can use as a reference so that the examiner doesn’t simply think it is my own opinion. I understand that it doesn’t really have a clear, simple definition, (like any political stance) but it’s just difficult to find anything that describes it properly that I can use for this purpose. Dictionary definitions are quite vague and brief and don’t really go into much detail. The only place I’ve found the information is Wikipedia. I assume I can’t just use this information and not cite it? I have found some essay type documents that have some useful information, but I’m not sure how valid they are to use as sources.

Is there any way I can get around this problem, such as discussing in my dissertation how it doesn’t have a clear definition? Or should I try to find things that contain some level of information about it, even though I currently am struggling to find anything that actually talks about the far right in an ideological sense? I’m afraid of having to reference things that only have vague links to what I’m talking about. Does anyone have any tips on searching for such information? I will speak to my teacher about this but I was just wondering if anyone here had any ideas.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest