The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Gcse results and overall chances LSE law

Hello to all . Sorry for a very mainstream and annoying question, but I am just curious whether I should apply to LSE or not.

My IGCSE marks were :A* AAABBB (low and that's what really concerns me)

My current AS levels - History B (76ums) Politics A (91 ums) Business studies (90ums) Predicted Grades - A*A*A

In addition I did Russian A2 - grade A*, however its my first language, thus it will be excluded from the offer.

The strong side of my personal statement I guess would be my working experience in several law firms,as well as few Law summer preparation courses which I believe show my interest towards the subject.

Is it worth applying?
Reply 1
Original post by mk777
Hello to all . Sorry for a very mainstream and annoying question, but I am just curious whether I should apply to LSE or not.

My current AS levels - History B (76ums) Politics A (91 ums) Business studies (90ums) Predicted Grades - A*A*A

In addition I did Russian A2 - grade A*, however its my first language, thus it will be excluded from the offer.

The strong side of my personal statement I guess would be my working experience in several law firms,as well as few Law summer preparation courses which I believe show my interest towards the subject.

Is it worth applying?

It is worth an application. Although with your combinations and grades in may be quite aspirational. You're best idea is to go for it, but blast your personal statement. A lot of international examples and human rights law is preferred by the LSE and show a true passion for the subject, not the job.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by mk777

Is it worth applying?

It is worth your peace of mind to at least have given it a try. You are within the academic requirements needed. It would all be about your PS and of course the competition. Go for it.

Quick Reply

Latest