The Student Room Group

CIE Student switching to AS Further Mathematics Edexcel

Hi,

I am an international student who took CIE AS Level Mathematics (P1, M1) in June 2015. I will take P3 and S1 in June 2016, and complete CIE A Level Maths.

I want to study Further Mathematics but CIE doesn't offer AS. If I choose CIE I will have to take both papers and I don't have much time.

Can I take Edexcel FP1, M1 and S1, and get Edexcel AS Futher Maths Qualification?
Reply 1
Bump
It makes complete sense for you to be able to do so, so I suppose you can.
Original post by waqasabbasi
Hi,

I am an international student who took CIE AS Level Mathematics (P1, M1) in June 2015. I will take P3 and S1 in June 2016, and complete CIE A Level Maths.

I want to study Further Mathematics but CIE doesn't offer AS. If I choose CIE I will have to take both papers and I don't have much time.

Can I take Edexcel FP1, M1 and S1, and get Edexcel AS Futher Maths Qualification?

Check with Graham at Edexcel: [email protected]

However it makes no sense since you will only be doing 1 new module effectively.
Reply 4
Original post by tiny hobbit
Check with Graham at Edexcel: [email protected]

However it makes no sense since you will only be doing 1 new module effectively.

Yeah that is what I was worried about. I tried emailing them at their support email but they sent back stock replies and didn't help at all. Emailing them at [email protected] Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest