The Student Room Group

Am I doomed to fail?

Ive just started my second year of my Business course and im really questioning whether Ive got any chance of graduating with a good grade. I suffer really bad with anxiety to the extent where im struggling to travel to lectures, with me missing so many do i really stand a chance?. I had the same issue in my first year and considering i attending next to no lectures i came out with a 2.2. Im currently still trying to seek help and working no stop all day going over lecture notes on blackboard and doing the extra reading but is there any point with me unable to attend lectures and tutorials?
Original post by AJJ2009
Ive just started my second year of my Business course and im really questioning whether Ive got any chance of graduating with a good grade. I suffer really bad with anxiety to the extent where im struggling to travel to lectures, with me missing so many do i really stand a chance?. I had the same issue in my first year and considering i attending next to no lectures i came out with a 2.2. Im currently still trying to seek help and working no stop all day going over lecture notes on blackboard and doing the extra reading but is there any point with me unable to attend lectures and tutorials?

Have you spoken to your student support team? They might be able to help
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Have you spoken to your student support team? They might be able to help
I have but they were unable to help :/
Original post by AJJ2009
I have but they were unable to help :/

does your university offering an counselling that you could access? If you feel comfortable doing so I would speak to a lecturer who you get along with well and see if they can make any suggestions of how you can get a good grasp of the material on days when you feel like you can't attend lecturers. Have you looked into if your eligible to DSA at all? they might be able to get you a mentor to support you and possibly a notetaker in some cases.
Original post by AJJ2009

I turned up to about 10 lectures max in my second term of second year and I still managed to get 68%. It's all about how much work you do outside lectures...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending