The Student Room Group

withdrawing and reapplying

i have applied 2007 entry this year and have some really good offers. however i decided to take a gap year, having been offered a placement on the IBM gap year scheme. I have contacted some of the uni's and asked to be deffered, and they have done so. Problem is, I'm not 100% on the uni that I want to go to. Would it be a good idea to withdraw and reapply - giving me another year to make my decision? Or will it piss the uni's off ? Maybe I can give Oxford another shot while I'm at it...
d3lirious
i have applied 2007 entry this year and have some really good offers. however i decided to take a gap year, having been offered a placement on the IBM gap year scheme. I have contacted some of the uni's and asked to be deffered, and they have done so. Problem is, I'm not 100% on the uni that I want to go to. Would it be a good idea to withdraw and reapply - giving me another year to make my decision? Or will it piss the uni's off ? Maybe I can give Oxford another shot while I'm at it...
Yeah, I think it'd be a good idea to reapply. If you haven't made your firm and insurance choices, then you can cancel the application via track. If you have, then contact the unis directly. It's better for them to know soon than later. TBH, if you desire to apply to unis such as Oxford, then do it, don't hold back just because you don't want to hurt their feelings. Applying post A-level is a lot easier, both for you, and admission officers.
Yeah, I think you should reapply. You might as well if you want to try Oxford again and most unis won't hold it against you. You could even ask them if they'll give you an offer next year if you reapply. As Mustard-man said, it will be less stressful post A-level anyway and you'll have more time to make decisions.

Latest

Trending

Trending