The Student Room Group

I got a u in my exam

So it's the beginning of the year and we have these monthly exams and I got a U, should I be worried 😭😭
Original post by rumanah1
So it's the beginning of the year and we have these monthly exams and I got a U, should I be worried 😭😭

It's not ideal but if it's any consolation I received a U in Physics (as well as an E in Chemistry), I went from nailing Sciences at GCSE and during the transition to A-Level my brain flipped to humanities and I flopped hard.

Saying all that, still got into a good university to study International Politics and have an ace job, so not all bad. do sympathize though as that U was a massive kick-in the balls!
You mean a class test? You should be worried only to the extent that it should be a wakeup call that you can't just wing chemistry. But don't stress about it too much if it doesn't contribute to your final grade. Resolve to do better and move on.

Do you know where you went wrong?
Reply 4
Original post by BoogieWoogie97
You mean a class test? You should be worried only to the extent that it should be a wakeup call that you can't just wing chemistry. But don't stress about it too much if it doesn't contribute to your final grade. Resolve to do better and move on.

Well I have changed my revision technique to viewing the mark scheme to what the teacher has taught and testing my knowledge based upon that
Good. It's a step in the right direction. :smile:

Well I have changed my revision technique to viewing the mark scheme to what the teacher has taught and testing my knowledge based upon that
Reply 6
Original post by Paulwyn
It's not ideal but if it's any consolation I received a U in Physics (as well as an E in Chemistry), I went from nailing Sciences at GCSE and during the transition to A-Level my brain flipped to humanities and I flopped hard.

Saying all that, still got into a good university to study International Politics and have an ace job, so not all bad. do sympathize though as that U was a massive kick-in the balls!

Thank you so much, I will obviously try a lot harder and do signifanctly better

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending