The Student Room Group

Religious people!Would you send your children to a gay to straight conversion teraphy

Honest answers

Scroll to see replies

God no, we are who we are. Nothing can change that.
Reply 2
Wait... These still exist?

People are sick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *Stefan*
Wait... These still exist?

People are sick.

Posted from TSR Mobile

[video="youtube;Pw1_oxgtncM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw1_oxgtncM[/video]
Original post by ilovethe1975
God no, we are who we are. Nothing can change that.

Well you can. If there is a murderer going around killing people, we can't tell them to carry on doing what they want to because "They are who they are", we have to stop them or send to therapy.
Original post by parrot16
Well you can. If there is a murderer going around killing people, we can't tell them to carry on doing what they want to because "They are who they are", we have to stop them or send to therapy.

But how can you compare being a murderer to being gay? That doesn't make any sense.
Reply 6
No
Nothing wrong with being gay!
No,I wouldn't.live and let live.
Reply 8
But how can you compare being a murderer to being gay? That doesn't make any sense.

A lot of religious people to do that. Its stupid I know!

I admit its a weak comparison but both are objectively wrong.
Reply 10
I really don't think it would do anything, so no.
Reply 11

Please provide your objective analysis of why being gay is wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I understand, but what I'm trying to say is that you cannot tell someone to stop being gay for the sake of religion. Being gay is not a psychological illness like being a murderer is, its a true form of identity and sexuality. It's the twenty first century, I really don't understand how some people can still believe that being gay is wrong. Okay okay so there's religious beliefs but religion never justifies it. The only reason it gives is that 'its unnatural, dirty etc' but it really isn't. How is that justifying it at all?

I am sure God said be kind to one another, treat each other with respect. Religious people believe this yet still choose to discriminate gay people and other minority groups such as transgender people? I really don't see how that is in anyway creating the peace and prosperity that religion SUPPOSEDLY brings forward.
You can't pray the gay away.
Original post by *Stefan*
Please provide your objective analysis of why being gay is wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. A penis is supposed to go into a vagina not an anus.
2. Homosexuals cannot reproduce naturally.
3. Homosexuals have the most HIV and are at most risk for catching
4. Even though animals may practice homosexuality, that doesn't make it right for humans!
4. Even though animals may practice homosexuality, that doesn't make it right for humans!

1) Does that make heterosexual couple who engage in anal sex wrong?

2) Not everyone wants to reproduce

3) There are steps in contraception which can be taken to reduce this chance

4) Why?
I understand, but what I'm trying to say is that you cannot tell someone to stop being gay for the sake of religion. Being gay is not a psychological illness like being a murderer is, its a true form of identity and sexuality. It's the twenty first century, I really don't understand how some people can still believe that being gay is wrong. Okay okay so there's religious beliefs but religion never justifies it. The only reason it gives is that 'its unnatural, dirty etc' but it really isn't. How is that justifying it at all?

I am sure God said be kind to one another, treat each other with respect. Religious people believe this yet still choose to discriminate gay people and other minority groups such as transgender people? I really don't see how that is in anyway creating the peace and prosperity that religion SUPPOSEDLY brings forward.

Its not for the sake of religion but for the sake of maintaining for what is right in society. Children need a mother and a father, not two parents of the same sex(I know off topic but...). Oh and by the way anal sex is disgusting-just think about it?
On the other hand, what transgender people are doing is wrong too- just because someone identifies themselves as a different gender than they are born with, doesn't mean that they can change their gender and why should the NHS pay?
Reply 17

Regardless of how much you disagree with homosexuality,I will say it and keep saying it: people are born gay.
No of course I wouldn't :lolwut:
Original post by DiddyDec
1) Does that make heterosexual couple who engage in anal sex wrong?

2) Not everyone wants to reproduce

3) There are steps in contraception which can be taken to reduce this chance

4) Why?

1) Yes I guess it does make it wrong to do that. However the majority of heterosexual couples engage in normal sex whereas many more homosexuals engage in anal sex and cant engage in normal sex so its wrong.
2)I know not everyone wants to reproduce but its about the chance of reproduction.
3) No contraception is 100% effective.

Quick Reply