The Student Room Group

Primark christmas temp

i've just got some questions

1. How many people will be at the induction day tomorrow?

2. What will happen on the induction day?

3. How much will i be paid as an under 18?

4. The contract is going to be 4 hours saturday and 4 hours sunday. Do you think i would be able to do all 8 hours on saturday?

5. As a christmas temp, do i get a uniform? (i've been given a dress code but I am curious if I will get those shirts with the primark logo)

6. what are the chances they will keep me on after christmas?

7. Is there a staff discount?
I don't work at Primark but one of my friend does, no one will roughly be able to tell you how many people will be there. That depends on whose applied for it. You'll probably be asked simple questions like why you applied/why you want to work there/about yourself/do you have any experience/etc. I think the pay in Primark is minimum wage so around £3.72-£4.07?

I highly doubt they'll let you do all 8 hours on a Saturday if you're contracted to do both Saturday and Sunday. And I'm sure the staff discount is only like 10%/
Reply 2
oh i have already had my interview. I have basically got the job
right okay, thanks
Reply 3
Original post by DTonesXD
oh i have already had my interview. I have basically got the job
right okay, thanks

How was your induction day? Hopefully it answered all of your questions. :smile:

I started working at Primark just over a month ago.
Overtime sheets come in on Thursdays so it's a bit difficult getting overtime if you're a weekend staff (overtime gets sucked up really quickly once it comes), but try, go over to customer service desk and ask if there's any overtime available.. you may find you'll be able to get overtime on tills on Saturdays.

To answer 6, Depends on how your performance is and if they need you on your department (e.g don't have enough staff if they didn't have you on that specific department). If this is the case, they will ask you to become permanent.
Reply 5
How old do you have to be to work at Primark?
Reply 6
Original post by Tino420
How old do you have to be to work at Primark?

You must be at least 16 years old to work at Primark and almost anywhere else.
Reply 7
Sorry for the late reply. The induction was really good, contract all sorted, I am earning £4.87 per hour as an under 18. I started this weekend 8:30 till 12:30 Saturday and 2 till 6 Sunday . I love the job ! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by DTonesXD
Sorry for the late reply. The induction was really good, contract all sorted, I am earning £4.87 per hour as an under 18. I started this weekend 8:30 till 12:30 Saturday and 2 till 6 Sunday . I love the job ! :smile:

I was bare happy when I started too. Not anymore tho, you'll get fed up haha but the people there are reallllllly nice, right. Enjoy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending