The Student Room Group

How to make eyelashes curlier?

So I have those annoying eyelashes that go straight out instead of curling up. I use an eyelash curler every day and they stay curly for a bit but even with mascara they just go back to the same and I think they look really awful on me and the positioning with my eyeliner is just all wrong!

Are there any other things I can do to make my eyelashes stay curly?
Waterproof mascara? Recommend the lash sensational one by maybeline
Reply 2
Original post by samina_ay
Waterproof mascara? Recommend the lash sensational one by maybeline

Why would waterproof mascara have any difference to normal mascara when it comes to keeping eyelashes curly?
My sister puts vaseline on the tip of her eyelashes then uses an eyelash curler straight away and it stays curly for a long time

:awesome::giggle::gthumb::innocent:
Reply 4
Original post by Sakura-Sama
My sister puts vaseline on the tip of her eyelashes then uses an eyelash curler straight away and it stays curly for a long time

I'll give this a go, thanks :smile:
Original post by liquity
Why would waterproof mascara have any difference to normal mascara when it comes to keeping eyelashes curly?

Because it'll hold in the curl for longer, duh.
Reply 6
Original post by samina_ay
Because it'll hold in the curl for longer, duh.

Really? I'm not stupid so I'd prefer if you didn't talk to me like I was. But I don't really see how it could make more of a difference.
Original post by Sakura-Sama

Yeah, I know someone who does this. Sounds a bit strange, though I also know someone whose uses vaseline to shape eyebrows/.
Your eyelashes are competing with a ruler. :biggrin: :biggrin:
Vaseline is amazing for your eyelashes

Or if you want to try and make your eyelashes thicker too, use Jamaican castor oil, and then use Vaseline as a coating before you apply your makeup and use the eyelash curlers. :yep:

Original post by Steeplechasing
Yeah, I know someone who does this. Sounds a bit strange, though I also know someone whose uses vaseline to shape eyebrows/.

Vaseline is heavenly when shaping your eyebrows, because it keeps them in place, make them appear dark and just accentuates the outline! However, it's horrible when it sunny because the Vaseline begins to melt and will just make your eyebrows look oily... :nope:
I never even notice people's eyelashes :lol:
Original post by liquity
Really? I'm not stupid so I'd prefer if you didn't talk to me like I was. But I don't really see how it could make more of a difference.

well it works for me, everyone's different.

Quick Reply

Latest