The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Rejecting LSE?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You can't defer your offer this year and reapply next year. You have to reject all offers and start again. I am in the same position thinking about reapplying to ox for geography but i want the lse offer to fall back on if i didn't get into oxford.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 21
Fossi2
You can't defer your offer this year and reapply next year. You have to reject all offers and start again.

I thought he was referring to taking a gap year with the intention of going to LSE the year after.
Reply 22
No, sorry, my first post was slightly unclear, but i tried to clarify it with another one a couple of posts later... my intention is to reapply to oxford, not merely to go to lse a year later. Therefore there's no advantage to having a deferred offer from LSE, because i cant accept it and then reapply;i shall have to withdraw from ucas altogether and reapply to all 6 unis. Hence, im wondering whether lse will view my application with disfavour when i apply a second time, because they already will have made me an offer, which i failed to accept.
Reply 23
bloo12
Does anyone know or have any experience of LSE's attitude toward reapplicants who have already rejected an offer from them (or withdrawn an application despite receiving an offer) once? Are they biased against such people?

Yes...got an offer from LSE last time around. Went through a phase where I really didn't want to go so I turned them down. Then I realised I did want to go but it was too late.

Anyway I decided to reapply. I applied in October, and then they rejected me in November(very quickly). Last time I didn't receive my offer until March, so I was expecting to wait much longer, even if they did reject me this time eventually.

I'm probably going to Durham now (which I'm probably happier about anyway) but I think it does demonstrate that I don't think they take rejections and reapplications very well). My closest friend's mother is a governor of LSE and she explained to me that this was probably the reason I was rejected so quickly. Oh well, c'est la vie, I guess LSE and I weren't meant to be.
Reply 24
Out of interest, what's so special about Oxford that makes you not want to go to LSE? I'm just curious.
Reply 25
Adam, might i ask what your grades at a level and gcse were? And for what subject you were applying?

Re Oxford V LSE, i just really like the idea of studying at somewhere with such history, and i like being surrounded by all that 'towering spires' crap:tongue:. Plus law as a career interests me, and most barristers are oxbridge so theres probs some snob value, plus loadsa friends are going to oxford, whereas none will be at lse and i dno if id like the high percentage of internationals at lse either
Reply 26
Being honest do you think that they actually care? will they notice? unless they see you have applied the year before?
Reply 27
Well, I'd be astonished if they didnt notice, but i would hope they wouldnt get too uppity about it anyways... they must realise they have plenty of oxford rejects on their books, people who wouldve preferred oxford
Reply 28
bloo12
Adam, might i ask what your grades at a level and gcse were? And for what subject you were applying?

Re Oxford V LSE, i just really like the idea of studying at somewhere with such history, and i like being surrounded by all that 'towering spires' crap:tongue:. Plus law as a career interests me, and most barristers are oxbridge so theres probs some snob value, plus loadsa friends are going to oxford, whereas none will be at lse and i dno if id like the high percentage of internationals at lse either

I got 4*s and 6A's, 4A's at at AS, and then eventually 4As at A2 (at an average of 95% apparently), so my A Levels are actually alot stronger than my GCSEs! I thought my application was actually much stronger this time. Just goes to show you. I applied for law both times. I was kind of shocked to get in the first time, thought I needed better GCSEs!

Oxbridge/LSE/UCL/Durham- they're the best places to go for law. Yes Oxbridge does give you a slight advantage, but over LSE, psh...not that much. There's probably a slightly bigger gap between Oxbridge and UCL and Durham, but still, they'll all give you excellent prospects to go into either the Bar or become a solicitor.

Given that my friend's mum told me that LSE don't approve of reapplicants in the main, I think they probably do notice.
Reply 29
Hmm given the emphasis lse places on gcses i dont know what to do now:frown: cos mine are strong, and i dont know if my application could overcome any negative bias as a result of reapplying( i got my offer in early december this time around, so im hoping that means i was a stronger applicant than many with offers). ill get my careers dude to start chatting with the lse admissions lot. thanks for the help:smile:
Reply 30
um i didnt get one A* and im going to LSE, as long as you have like 60% A i think you stand a good chance. my course requirements are AAB
Reply 31
hmm interesting. i am applying for law tho, which is more competitive than most. Still, the standard offer in the propectus is AAB-AAA (although ive never heard of an aab offer), so maybe they arent that different.. which course is this?
i guess the only people who'd reject lse are those who got oxbridge offers.

otherwise...they obviously do not appreciate how good a university lse is.
Reply 33
Original post by 2late
If they rejected LSE it must've been for Oxbridge, therefore why... reapply?

Sorry, your post seems ambiguous to me.

I rejected LSE for bristol.. i know this is old just annoyed me and wanted to post.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending